Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:40 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,163,217 times

Advertisements

Definitely an AWWWWWWWWWW thread.
If only humans could do what animals do to our hearts! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 05:16 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
All the pictures are so cute!! I just love cats. vpcats, how is the kitty you took in?

Evey are you still in S.C.?
We are still here. We close 2/28.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:30 AM

525 posts, read 2,351,786 times
great pictures each and every one of you. All the babies look so happy! A big thanks for being good, kind, loving parents to the furries. They do wiggle into your heart and always keep you filled with love don't they! Even when they are sleeping on your head with a paw in your mouth in the middle of the night!

Old 02-22-2007, 11:49 AM

LOL JustSayNo. Quite an experience. Then you have those that like to walk on top of you before they finally get comfortable and those that curl up behind the knee bends. All of those together sure make for one sound night of sleep (or a few) !!! :-))

Old 02-22-2007, 12:08 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,031,451 times
What beautiful kitties! Gizmo, Kona is such a stunning chocolate color.
Sandy, your kitties are lovely as well, they are obviously very contented felines.
I miss my old Pounce so much, she was a caliby or torbie (calico with tabby markings) so people either that she was really pretty or rather ugly. She lived till 20 so had a good long life. Still have my little cross eyed swamp cat, Willow (the little tabby), we adopted her out of the bayou a year ago. She's about 18 months old we think.

For those of you who just can't get enough kitties, here is the Random Kitten Generator:

http://www.randomkittengenerator.com/

Old 02-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
LOL JustSayNo. Quite an experience. Then you have those that like to walk on top of you before they finally get comfortable and those that curl up behind the knee bends. All of those together sure make for one sound night of sleep (or a few) !!! :-))
He He, yup we share with 3 kitties and a Shepherd! One on head, one behind knees, one in the lap bend, and the shep well he sleeps up on hubby's head-just like his favorite kitty does on mine. Our second Shep, well she has the rest of the house, though she chooses the guest bedroom with her own queen size. She patrols the house at night and prefers the freedom of her own "space". Thank goodness because there is just no more room.

We would not have it any other way-cramped necks and backs, paws in mouth, and big ole Shep football-head using your head as a head rest! They are happy, healthy and as loving as any soul can be....just the way life should be

Old 02-22-2007, 05:25 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,553,915 times
Everyone's cats/kittens are adorable! My cats drive me nuts at night, because they can't stand a closed door. I have to separate them, though, because otherwise Jasmine (the tabby) won't sleep on my bed next to my head! Ariel has been known to scratch at the door for twenty minutes. But I love them both!

Old 02-22-2007, 05:39 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSayNo View Post
He He, yup we share with 3 kitties and a Shepherd! One on head, one behind knees, one in the lap bend, and the shep well he sleeps up on hubby's head-just like his favorite kitty does on mine. Our second Shep, well she has the rest of the house, though she chooses the guest bedroom with her own queen size. She patrols the house at night and prefers the freedom of her own "space". Thank goodness because there is just no more room.

We would not have it any other way-cramped necks and backs, paws in mouth, and big ole Shep football-head using your head as a head rest! They are happy, healthy and as loving as any soul can be....just the way life should be
Too funny! At my house we share with a 75 pound dog and two cats. After we move we are going to have 2 queen sized beds pushed together, just so my husband & I actually have room to roll over.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Too funny! At my house we share with a 75 pound dog and two cats. After we move we are going to have 2 queen sized beds pushed together, just so my husband & I actually have room to roll over.
hahahahahahaha. That's a great idea!!! I could do that, if I just knock down a couple of walls here and there. Must remember this for the next house!

We have the big dog on the bed too. The little one, well he can't jump up on his own so we do put him on the bed but eventually will take him down. I'm afraid of squashing him.

We have a spare bedroom with a double size bed. The big dog, when he finally has had enough of us, will move over there. A couple of the cats will also go keep him company.

And absolutely, there is no way to close any doors. The cats scratch and the dogs breathe through the cracks at the bottom. It's just so much easier to let them all in and on the bed.

I am amazed sometimes when people find out that your pets sleep with you, how they get all bent out of shape and have this smirky expression. They just don't know what they're missing.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:38 AM

I am thrilled to my core to know there are so many kind mommys and daddys to the loving furries out there! Afterall, there is no law that says you must have pets, so if you have them they should be loved and respected to the max-there is so much abuse and neglect and threads like these make my heart happy! Cheers to all of you (wags, purrs, licks, and woofs too)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats