Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 04:41 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times

Advertisements

Great! What a relief it must be to know you dont have to go on a major cat food quest!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 06:20 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Great! What a relief it must be to know you dont have to go on a major cat food quest!!!
LOL...I'm almost afraid to do the "happy dance".....I thought I had this settled 6 months ago with the Wellness

Old 07-17-2010, 03:47 PM

2 posts, read 13,665 times
You know wellness does get great reviews but I've also read that many cats just don't eat it. Mine will eat the wellness pouches, which have more gravy mixed in w/ morsels, but won't always eat the regular canned varieties. Natural Balance gets good reviews and my two bengals will eat that, but I've been going with the Blue Wilderness and the Wellness dry Core. Innova EVO is very good stuff too, but expensive.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrown456 View Post
You know wellness does get great reviews but I've also read that many cats just don't eat it. Mine will eat the wellness pouches, which have more gravy mixed in w/ morsels, but won't always eat the regular canned varieties. Natural Balance gets good reviews and my two bengals will eat that, but I've been going with the Blue Wilderness and the Wellness dry Core. Innova EVO is very good stuff too, but expensive.
I recently switched from BB Wilderness...had the dog and cats on the dry....Within months, they all had gained an signifcant amt of weight! So, changed to the Basics and they have all done well on that. The cats continue to eat the Avoderm can...so no problems there.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:28 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
LOL...so you've been to this guy's store!!!!!!!?????
...I keep hoping someone will buy him out...He actually has a decent location and would have a good, healthy clientele...the need is there.
Do we all have such a store? We had one like that that just went out of business a few months ago. The owner, a man in his 30s (I'm guessing) looked like your typical criminal biker type. Long greasy hair, dirty clothes, tattoos everywhere, he had little knowledge of the pets and products he was selling. "What is this guy doing in a Pet Shop business," I asked myself. In fear of catching cooties I made sure not to let him get to close. Something about him made my skin crawl. Then one day I went in for fish food and met his mother. OMG!!!!!!! She looked like a hooker straight from the lower Bowery. She smelled of rotten fish and cheap perfume. Skinny as a rail. Her eyes were rolling around in her head like she was high on something and couldn't focus. Her teeth black and rotten with many missing. You could peel the makeup off. Pathetic. Sad. That was the last time I was in that store before it closed. It managed to last about 3 years. The store is still empty.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:53 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrown456 View Post
We're going to have to give up on dry Wellness and Neutro. There is too much waste. Our cats never really liked either brand but now the waste is a little too much. They will not eat it at all without it mostly being canned food (wet dry mix). No problem there. But lately they eat around the dry kibble and leave it there to ossify. I recently picked up a bag of Purina Kitten Chow and they love it. Their wet-dry mix is 80 to 90% canned. They'll eat almost any canned food we buy for them.... except for Pate`s.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:46 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Chemo kitty is on Avoderm and loves it. She has gained back 25% of her lowest weight. I found it at PetSupermarket and PetCo premium store Unleashed.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:04 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,662,886 times
Shelby, in case your cats start sticking their noses up at AvoDerm, Dr. Peirson at www.catinfo.org gives the names of suppliers of canned cat foods that meet the science-based and medical criteria of acceptance, based on the detailed review of feline nutrition by Dr. Debra L. Zoran. Some of these brands include Nature's Variety and Wysong's Archetype.

Keepin' my fingers crossed that the finicky ones finally make up their minds what exact cuisine would be pleasing to their delicate palate. LOL

Old 07-21-2010, 06:59 AM

387 posts, read 2,130,654 times
Add me to the fickle cat club...

Maddie has stopped eating her canned Blue Buffalo (she eats her dry BB) so I get to start the trial and error game with new foods. Awesome.

Guinness is my piggy cat and will eat anything. lol

Old 07-21-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Shelby, in case your cats start sticking their noses up at AvoDerm, Dr. Peirson at www.catinfo.org gives the names of suppliers of canned cat foods that meet the science-based and medical criteria of acceptance, based on the detailed review of feline nutrition by Dr. Debra L. Zoran. Some of these brands include Nature's Variety and Wysong's Archetype.

Keepin' my fingers crossed that the finicky ones finally make up their minds what exact cuisine would be pleasing to their delicate palate. LOL
Thanks Garden....I do have that list...My vet gave it to me a few yrs back...but his goes into more detail, listing all the good, the bad and the ugly. He's so good about updating it too!
I'm continually amazed at my "Divas"...as they will eat just about any dry food...but turn their little noses up at the wet. And forget raw....not a one of them would even give it the time of day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats