Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 08:50 AM

324 posts, read 883,260 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here feed Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's soul? My friend is thinking about trying it out with her cat since it's natural and made with fresh ingredients. Has anyone here tried it? what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 09:38 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Does anyone here feed Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's soul?
I tried it, but my cats didn't care for it.

They would rather sneak into Blackie's yard next door and eat his Friskies.

I feed them Origen now.

It's also made from fresh, natural ingredients with no grain.

They love it.

But, if we still lived next door to Blackie, they would probably still steal his Friskies.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:46 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,316,354 times
I've done it in the past with other cats. I made chicken soup, and they had to drink the soup to get to the chicken at the bottom of the dish.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:54 AM

324 posts, read 883,260 times
Moved –haha, I meant Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul brand pet food (Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul : Home), not actual chicken soup. But thanks for the reply! Sounds like your cats had an interesting experience with the soup

Old 08-20-2009, 01:09 PM

1,306 posts, read 3,119,832 times
I tried, but my cat didn't like it much. I've also tried Wellness, Nutro, and Royal Canin, but my cat would barely eat them in favor of my roommate's junkier cheap food. I think he likes all those additives they stick in the cheap stuff. Time to try another brand.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:30 AM

45 posts, read 142,548 times
I currently feed both of my cats it. One cat is 6 years, the other is 6 months.

It took awhile for my adult cat to take to the dry formula. I did mix her former food Nutramax with the Chicken Soup brand to ease the transition. That helped alot. Since being only on Chicken Soup brand she has vomited far less that she used to being fed the lower grade foods.

We just moved from NC to TX. I just had to special order it since I've had a hard time locating the the dry formula's I need. (Kitten formula & low calorie adult formula). I can't find it anywhere in the San Antonio area or even the suburbs. I went to the website to try and locate a dealer. I called the dealers and none of them carried what I needed

Anyway its my favorite food that I've ever had my pets on. Good-luck to your friend.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:39 AM

27 posts, read 126,447 times
Yes. Every cat I have had has had different preferences--just like people. My new cat doesn't like chicken liver, ground turkey or chicken, beef, salmon (real) or wet cat food! Dry cat food is candy to him, and probably what he's eaten all of his life. He prefers dry "Taste of the Wild."

My last cat had a bladder blockages ending with a PU, so I want to start this one off on good food (i.e., lots of wet food with real ingredients and some raw food. I wont be a fanatic) instead of chemicals and corn <g> but it's gonna be a struggle.

Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats