Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2024, 09:34 PM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I didn't know where else to put this, so decided to try here.

I haven't been here for quite a while, and a dear friend gave me a nudge to come back for a visit. Some of you my remember me, to those I apologize for being away so long.

While I no longer have kitties in life, I still love all things cat, and perhaps van still contribute to the discussions here from time to time.

Glad to see this forum is still alive and well.

Catdad7x
I missed you and I know those who know you did as well. I'm happy you're back and I know you have a lot of good cat information that will help novice cat people, so you belong here. Welcome back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2024, 04:10 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
I missed you and I know those who know you did as well. I'm happy you're back and I know you have a lot of good cat information that will help novice cat people, so you belong here. Welcome back.
Thank you for that. I'll do my best not to be a stranger.

Old 02-11-2024, 03:57 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
catdad7x-I missed you too. Sorry about your kitty loss but I'm glad you're back.

Old 02-16-2024, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
catdad7x-I missed you too. Sorry about your kitty loss but I'm glad you're back.
Thank you.

Old 02-16-2024, 01:48 PM

24,478 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I didn't know where else to put this, so decided to try here.

I haven't been here for quite a while, and a dear friend gave me a nudge to come back for a visit. Some of you my remember me, to those I apologize for being away so long.

While I no longer have kitties in life, I still love all things cat, and perhaps van still contribute to the discussions here from time to time.

Glad to see this forum is still alive and well.

Catdad7x
Make it a stay not a visit.

Old 02-17-2024, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Make it a stay not a visit.
Thanks, and yes, I plan to.

Old 03-08-2024, 09:48 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I just had to take Nimbus up to the vet for his annual dental cleaning. No matter how well I KNOW I take care of him, I always feel like a Very Bad Human for hauling him up to the vet. The whole way there...like one second he's yelling, "I protest! I know my rights! Cease and desist at once!" and softly mewing, "I am poor baby creature. Why would you do such awful things to a poor little floofy kitty?"

Yeah, Mom is a monster. Sorry dude, you're still getting your teeth cleaned. The drama, I swear.

Old 03-08-2024, 10:40 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
if it's any consolation get the same reactions when I take a feral to be snipped. I tell them they can complain going in, I'll complain when I get the bill to take them home.

Doesn't seem to matter much. They still use the same routine.

Old 03-18-2024, 10:31 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I feel bad now for mocking Nimbus over his vet visit, as it turns out that ordeal was the start of some problems. He had a few of the smaller teeth extracted...I'm not shocked, he IS almost 12 years old and won't let me brush his teeth, though we've been good about annual dental cleanings for a while now. He was recovering really well in the first couple of days, but then we had a day where he did not eat much followed by half a day of constant vomiting. I got him in to the vet toward the tail end of that episode and they gave him fluids and an anti-nausea med. I have prescriptions for more anti-nausea and an appetite stimulant but did not have any luck pilling him. He had the classic, "Halp! I'm being poisoned!" reaction. Panic and foaming and whatnot. I guess the pills are extremely nasty, and I'm only going to get one into him if I manage to chuck it far enough back down his throat. Pill pockets did not help.

The diagnosis has been acute pancreatitis, and I've had to check his blood sugar every day, since it jumped up at the onset of this. It's been coming down but still higher than it should be. He is no longer vomiting, and he is eating, just not as much as usual or as much as I'd like. I've been trying all sorts of foods, baby food, treat tubes...I can get a little into him at a time, so we work at it every few hours. He seems to be feeling better in that he isn't hiding under the bed, but he's sleeping tons and has not been his usual playful self. Having to poke him every day for the blood sugar is awful. I hope that they don't declare him diabetic because I'd really rather not have to do this multiple times daily. I do what I have to but neither one of us likes it.

I wonder if he's reached a point where his organs are not going to tolerate going under anesthesia well for dental cleanings, or if he caught a bug while at the vet's (he has no other contact with other animals and neither do we)...I wish I knew what precipitated this "pancreatitis flare"...it's hard to believe that he'd get this sick out of nowhere for no reason.

Old 03-19-2024, 10:44 AM

9,401 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We will just remain steadfast.
Today, I carried him into the other end of the house until he saw the dog. He jumped off me, and the dog chased him. Maybe pushing him was wrong. Live and learn.
Don't let the dog chase him, for starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats