Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 06:54 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,906 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if any of you Cat owners ever laugh at some of the sneaky manipulation techiniques your kitty may have. What are your kitty's special ops? My Cat Zelda is so bad. She is very intelligent and knows how to make me feel guilty. When I am too busy on the computer to play with her, she will lie on the floor next to her toy and stare at me for what seems an hour. She will then lie there with this pitiful bored look and her eyes are half open waiting to see me feel sorry and get off the computer. Sometimes she gets tired of her dry food and when I put it in her bowl, she walks away. She then will stand around or follow me everywhere, staring with her big cute green eyes and meowing like she is dying, until I give in and give her a different type of food. When I changed her litter she pooped on the rug twice. That was when I went back to the old litter. She also hates when I take a shower and always meows, every time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 06:24 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
"Sneaky manipulation techniques" in our household consist of the cats looking cute. That's all the have to do -- we're such suckers.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:37 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Smokey Joe knows exactly how to pull my chain.

Smokey Joe: "Feed me! Oh, please feed me. I'm soooooo hungry. I know I ate 15 minutes ago, but my tummy is growling. Please get up out of your chair right now and feed me! I want a can of tooooona! Oh, please! Pretty please! I'm so cute how can you possibly deny me? Tuna! Tuna! Tuna!"

I stay in my chair. I fed that cat five minutes ago and I will not be manipulated. I know full well he'll take two teeny, tiny bites and walk away. I refuse to give into this black, fuzzy, furry, dictator. "No, Smokey Joe. You are not getting anything from me."

Smokey Joe then gives me "the look" walks into the laundry room.... and poops all over the floor!

Old 02-23-2010, 09:24 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
This may not seem particularly special OPS compared to others.. but you have to step back and either laugh or want to "womp" on the kitties for this, lol.

My vice is sour cream and onion chips. Mmmmm. Onion is bad for kitties, yes.
So yesterday evening, I'm sitting there with a little pile of them, brushing off the kitty paws that paw at my jeans with these little inquisitive faces up at me going "mommy? mommmmmmy! we need some tooooo!" They scamper away, and leave me in peace, when I start hearing frustrated mrowls, I know this sound - moo's got her claws stuck on something and needs help! I go over to my bathroom robe hanging on the back of the door to gently release her, takes a minute... ok, you're free! And she just sits there grinning at me. I return to my pile, and it looks a lil smaller than it had been earlier. Hmmm.

(pause for 30 seconds)
(mrowling begins again)

I glance at the pile of chips before going to release moo yet again from the robe, and sit there with her for a moment, trying to explain that she's being silly, and she sits there grinning at me. I whip around and see this bolt of striped fur retreating from the unprotected pile of chips and dashing under the bed.

I sit back down.
(pause for 30 seconds)
(mrowling begins) .. to which I ignore.
(mrowling increases, she's going to die stuck to my robe! you can hear it!!!)

I get up, and pretend i'm coming to save her, and hover near my chip pile...
I reach down just a second tooooo late from grabbing Cinders (with a chip in her mouth that's almost as big as her head ) She runs under the bed.
I turn to moo, who, as I watch, expertly unsticks her claws from my robe, and scampers underneath the bed as well. I bend down, lift the skirt, and see both of them chomping side by side on a pile of chips, both of them just beaming with pride, reveling in their stolen prize.

Just slap a big SUCKER sticker to my forehead already. I couldn't yell at them.. lol. I took the chips away and gave them some of their yummy kitty vitamin paste with a treat instead. Teamwork!

Old 02-23-2010, 10:30 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Too funny, MK. Last night Cookie hopped on my lap while I was eating broccoli, of all things, and demanded some of it by sticking her snout in my fork. And she actually ate it! I was stunned.

Her tastes must be maturing -- wasn't too long ago that if it didn't have feathers before it was canned, she wouldn't touch it!

Old 02-23-2010, 10:33 AM

244 posts, read 718,075 times
cute thread

If Ella doesn't get the proper attention she assumes should be given, she walks over to the pantry and "pops" it open. She has become an expert and realizes that if she hits it right on the hinge properly the door flies open in a flash. Then she procedes to roam the shelves looking for nothing in particular and something breakable in general. She does this b/c she knows I will be forced to get off the couch and attend to her. Then she explains her side of things when I reach the pantry and grab her off the third shelf...

....I'm not buying her side of the story...lol

Last edited by Resilientsmile; 02-23-2010 at 10:45 AM..

Old 02-23-2010, 10:39 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,955,448 times
Default guilt

My Annabelle seems to be under the impression, if I'm home "it's treat time".. Every weekend, doesn't matter if I've just given her treats, told her no more treats, she already looks like a bowling ball with fur, she doesn't need anymore treats, she tries.....she has this cute little squeeky mew mew mew voice, all the while dancing with her feet and tail, waving, purr chirping,. i'll tell her no more, and she'll wait a few minutes then start again. God forbid, if I walk through the kitchen, she thinks I going for the treats...

She knows everynight at 9:30 they get their bedtime treats, but will she wait....nooooooooo, she starts in asking, dancing chirping treat treat treat...I tell her no, it's only 8:30, you have 1 hour, and it continues. I've gone so far as to set the kitchen timer to let her know when it's time.... If I've gone out for the evening, OMG it's screaming when I come in.....NOW NOW NOW...

You'd think she was starving, they have 3, count 'em 3 bowls of food on the floor, a bowl of water PLUS 2 more bowls of water in the bathroom....does this stop Bubba from asking for water splashed in the bathtub...noooo....

I'm a pushover...

Old 02-23-2010, 12:55 PM

625 posts, read 1,882,443 times
LOLOL. I just spit coffee on my keyboard! Sounds like one of my cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
This may not seem particularly special OPS compared to others.. but you have to step back and either laugh or want to "womp" on the kitties for this, lol.

My vice is sour cream and onion chips. Mmmmm. Onion is bad for kitties, yes.
So yesterday evening, I'm sitting there with a little pile of them, brushing off the kitty paws that paw at my jeans with these little inquisitive faces up at me going "mommy? mommmmmmy! we need some tooooo!" They scamper away, and leave me in peace, when I start hearing frustrated mrowls, I know this sound - moo's got her claws stuck on something and needs help! I go over to my bathroom robe hanging on the back of the door to gently release her, takes a minute... ok, you're free! And she just sits there grinning at me. I return to my pile, and it looks a lil smaller than it had been earlier. Hmmm.

(pause for 30 seconds)
(mrowling begins again)

I glance at the pile of chips before going to release moo yet again from the robe, and sit there with her for a moment, trying to explain that she's being silly, and she sits there grinning at me. I whip around and see this bolt of striped fur retreating from the unprotected pile of chips and dashing under the bed.

I sit back down.
(pause for 30 seconds)
(mrowling begins) .. to which I ignore.
(mrowling increases, she's going to die stuck to my robe! you can hear it!!!)

I get up, and pretend i'm coming to save her, and hover near my chip pile...
I reach down just a second tooooo late from grabbing Cinders (with a chip in her mouth that's almost as big as her head ) She runs under the bed.
I turn to moo, who, as I watch, expertly unsticks her claws from my robe, and scampers underneath the bed as well. I bend down, lift the skirt, and see both of them chomping side by side on a pile of chips, both of them just beaming with pride, reveling in their stolen prize.

Just slap a big SUCKER sticker to my forehead already. I couldn't yell at them.. lol. I took the chips away and gave them some of their yummy kitty vitamin paste with a treat instead. Teamwork!

Old 02-24-2010, 08:34 AM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resilientsmile View Post
cute thread

If Ella doesn't get the proper attention she assumes should be given, she walks over to the pantry and "pops" it open. She has become an expert and realizes that if she hits it right on the hinge properly the door flies open in a flash. Then she procedes to roam the shelves looking for nothing in particular and something breakable in general. She does this b/c she knows I will be forced to get off the couch and attend to her. Then she explains her side of things when I reach the pantry and grab her off the third shelf...

....I'm not buying her side of the story...lol
HA! That is funny. My Cat does that too, just to make me get up. She knocks things off the shelf. She almost knocked my laptop off the table ... again!

Old 02-24-2010, 11:40 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,600 times
Plan a: When my cats want to be fed in the morning they jump onto the bed and run across me.
Plan b: When that doesn't work they stand on top of me and smack my head with their paw.
Plan c: When that doesn't work both cats grab a piece of my blanket and yank it off of me.

When my kitty wants a treat she stands in front of the bag, if you leave and she doesn't get her treat she will take it upon herself to rip the bag open with her teeth, shaking the treats all around the room while the other 2 cats indulge in the bounty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats