Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 02:58 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,380,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I just saw him interviewed on the Today show and was appalled. He simply could not apologize for his nasty comments about George Bush and Taylor Swift.
Apologize for what? I fault him for not sticking by his statements. George Bush represents a political party that is the haven for the most bigoted people in this country. Bush did nothing to dispel that notion. West was correct. Bush by the way was a horrible president. His presidency a collosal failure. West should've used the opportunity to address the Republican party's racial insensitivity towards black people (and all people of color).

His reaction to Swift was addressing a larger racial preference problem evident in this country. I agree that it was inappropriate for him to treat Swift that way, but recognize that the outrage can take on many, unexpected forms.

West does not represent all black people. I wish he were more educated and articulate so that he could more effectively address Lauer. I felt Lauer was using the opportunity to take advantage of West's suddenly desperate need to not be perceived as a villain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 03:16 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,565,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
George Bush represents a political party that is the haven for the most bigoted people in this country.

Dang...I can't believe you really think this way....that's alot of bigoted people if you think the entire Republican party members is a haven for bigots. Are you really serious?

Old 11-11-2010, 03:32 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,296,878 times
Yes, people are entitled to their own opinions. But I think he should apologize to Bush because what he blasted on the air on national TV was pure inflammatory bull-hit, straight from the mouth of an ignorant idiot.

And, no, I do NOT think Bush "hates black people".

Old 11-11-2010, 04:19 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,917,993 times
Still remember the look on Mike Myers face...absolute shock.

When Kanye later performed on SNL, his "first" meeting with Myers after the incident was funny.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:51 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,565,235 times
I copyed this from a website just now. I don't think I am the only one that is tired of this blowhard, egotistical, whiney, spoiled brat who has tantrums when he doesn't win an award, sore loser, jerk Kanye West. Regardless, here is what he said right off Twitter for your viewing pleasure, Board Members:

"Kanye West is heated……….again!

After an interview with “Today” show host Matt Lauer, Yeezy took to his Twitter account to express his frustration over how he was treated and put on blast. The rapper says that he’s so fed up with the media right now that he doesn’t want to do anymore interviews.

Hit the link below for Yeezy’s latest Twitter rant:

I’ve decided to fall back a bit on interviews in order to “sell my album” I can’t come up with some magic trick to make people like me. I’ve made mistakes I’ve paid the price now it is what it is. I’m gone make this art but I’m not going to be scrutinized as a human being. No more Bush questions … no more Taylor questions… no more relationship questions…. and the music is unquestionable sooooo….. I am a creative person…. I’m not a good celebrity but I’m a great artist… I’m tired of using my celebrity to sell my art.

—-

Man I’m heading to Abu Dhabi finna go to Ferrari Land YESSSS!!! ….but before I take off let me tell you how they did me at the Today show… I went up there to express how I was empathetic to Bush because I labeled him a racist and years later I got labeled as a racist…. While I was trying to give the interview they started playing the “MTV” under me with audio!!!!!!! I don’t mess with Matt Lauer or the Today Show … and that’s a very nice way for me to put it! HE TRIED TO FORCE MY ANSWERS. IT WAS VERY BRUTAL AND I CAME THERE WITH ONLY POSITIVE INTENT.

I feel very alone very used very tortured very forced very misunderstood very hollow very very misused. I don’t trust anyone but myself! Everyone has an agenda. I don’t do press anymore. I can’t be everything to everybody anymore. I can’t be everybody’s hero and villain savior and sinner Christian and anti Christ! I can’t take anymore advice!!! I create, I’m creative, I have a good heart, everyone will see and understand one day. Everything sounds like noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE NOISE!!!!!!! I don’t trust anyone! Very judged very scrutinized very criticized! I want everyone to know I have lows all the time but I make it through them!

Yo I really wonder if Matt Lauer thought that **** was cool to play the “MTV” clip while I was speaking about Bush? He played clips of Bush and asked me to look at his face while I was trying to talk to him. I wish Michael Jackson had twitter!!!!!! Maybe Mike could have explained how the media tried to set him up!!! It’s all a ****ing set up!!!! This is rock and roll life my people… you can’t stop the truth you can’t stop the music and I have to be strong or “they” win!!!!

Sometimes it’s not simple, some days it’s not easy… I just want to create. I love you guys, thanks for the support!"

Read more: Kanye West Says No More Interviews! | GossipOnThis.com

Old 11-11-2010, 07:42 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,372,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
I copyed this from a website just now. I don't think I am the only one that is tired of this blowhard, egotistical, whiney, spoiled brat who has tantrums when he doesn't win an award, sore loser, jerk Kanye West. Regardless, here is what he said right off Twitter for your viewing pleasure, Board Members:
You're so tired of him that you took the time to read, copy and paste an article about him on a thread about him....mmmmkay

Old 11-11-2010, 10:17 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,042,220 times
Cut and paste is easier than trying to explain what you feel when someone else has already done it for you. He is kind of egotistical. Music is okay, not all but a lot of his is.

If nothing else he is keeping his name in the news. He can say what he wants, but should censor himself as to the where and saying it for dramatic effect is different.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:37 PM

211 posts, read 544,491 times
People, he is a racists. He didnt think a white person should have won that night. He is just so egotistacal, and alot of other Blacks in the industry are too. He is really a low life dressed in nice
clothes.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:49 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,789,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I think he's done apologizing about the Taylor Swift thing. How many more times does he need to do it? She's a millionaire, I'm sure she'll get over the fact that someone was rude to her on national television. if that's the worst thing that ever happens to her then she'll have a wonderful life.

I don't think he should apologize for his comments about Bush. I don't think anyone should ever apologize for expressing their true feelings. Perhaps he should apologize for where he expressed himself, since that's not the reason he was there, but if that's really what he felt then why is that wrong?
did you see the Today show interview?
He was rude and abrasive and there was no need for his nasty attitude.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:53 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,789,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I felt Lauer was using the opportunity to take advantage of West's suddenly desperate need to not be perceived as a villain.
So Matt Lauer deprived him of the opportunity to act like a respectable,nice,courteous human being ??
So Kanye acted like a complete and total jackass cause he was set up...............oh I c
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities