Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:41 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times

Advertisements

Well, obviously...The Bi_tch Is Back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
The man practically gets his butt wiped for him.

Boo friggety hoo.
Someone wiped my butt tonight...Sugar Bear.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:53 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Wow. How hospitable you all are. Elton John has raised millions and millions of dollars for charity in the US. Not just given away the money he already earned, but he's put a huge amount of effort into raising money for people in YOUR country. He does it year after year.

Perhaps you're right, he should go back to England and take his good work with him, and let you all fend for yourselves. Jeez.
fend for ourselves? are you kidding? is this a "wind up"? , are you "taking the pi$$?"

1. he's not a citizen of the USA
2. gay marriage is not legal where he comes from, you know, where he's a citizen
3. charity has nothing to do with the false logic, nothing at all, I contribute to charity, maybe the lawmakers should consult me on which law I want passed.

how's that english school system working out for you?

Old 01-27-2011, 12:39 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
fend for ourselves? are you kidding? is this a "wind up"? , are you "taking the pi$$?"

1. he's not a citizen of the USA
2. gay marriage is not legal where he comes from, you know, where he's a citizen
3. charity has nothing to do with the false logic, nothing at all, I contribute to charity, maybe the lawmakers should consult me on which law I want passed.

how's that english school system working out for you?
I understand that he's not a citizen of the US. That's entirely my point. You are being extremely rude about someone who contributes a lot to a country that he is not even native to.

He is entitled to his opinion, being a gay man that cannot marry his long term American partner, and after reading the insults thrown at him on this board - if that's indicative of how Americans feel about him (that he should go back to England, for voicing his opinion) then perhaps he should and take all of his charity work with him.

With all due respect, unless you're Bill Gates, whatever you give/do for charity is nothing in comparison, and there would be a gaping hole in certain causes that help Americans if Elton John were to take his ball and go home, as some posters here have suggested.

And last time I looked, lawmakers DID consult you on what laws you could and couldn't change. Is that not what a proposition is for?

Old 01-27-2011, 01:48 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,404,562 times
I read the article and saw nothing wrong with what Elton John said, nothing I'd even argue with; but then, I happen to believe that homosexuality is something you are born with. If you, in the general sense, believe as I do, then how can you defend the laws as they stand now? I am straight in my sexuality, a citizen of the U.S., born and raised Christian, Catholic in fact, and I agree with everything John said. Further, I am saddened, sickened by the level of hateful discourse that we have in this country. And I have no proof, but a strong sense that is largely coming from a very small but very loud minority. Part of which is bought by those with an agenda, part of which is so easily swayed no fee is necessary.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:57 PM

And you can tell EVERYBODY...that this is just wrong. It might be quite simple, but now that it's done...I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind what I put down in words.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
I read the article and saw nothing wrong with what Elton John said, nothing I'd even argue with; but then, I happen to believe that homosexuality is something you are born with. If you, in the general sense, believe as I do, then how can you defend the laws as they stand now? I am straight in my sexuality, a citizen of the U.S., born and raised Christian, Catholic in fact, and I agree with everything John said. Further, I am saddened, sickened by the level of hateful discourse that we have in this country. And I have no proof, but a strong sense that is largely coming from a very small but very loud minority. Part of which is bought by those with an agenda, part of which is so easily swayed no fee is necessary.
Sorry...seems to the hardest word.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
That's why the 63-year-old gay singer said he took a stand last week during a performance at a private Beverly Hills fundraiser for the ongoing legal challenge to California's gay marriage ban. The outspoken British piano man, who became a parent to a baby boy on Christmas Day with partner David Furnish, added that "as I get older, I get more angry about it."
Elton calls this...Blues For Baby And Me.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Shouldn't that be 'Sir Reggie'?

No one's begrudging him his right to his opinion, it's just that a privileged guy like that claiming second class citizen status is little hard to take seriously.
The King Must Die!

Old 01-27-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Wow. How hospitable you all are. Elton John has raised millions and millions of dollars for charity in the US. Not just given away the money he already earned, but he's put a huge amount of effort into raising money for people in YOUR country. He does it year after year.

Perhaps you're right, he should go back to England and take his good work with him, and let you all fend for yourselves. Jeez.
Don't Go Breaking My Heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities