Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:39 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,983,180 times

Advertisements

Adam Lambert will be performing with Queen in July.

Adam Lambert Confirms He Will Sing With Queen | Music News | Rolling Stone

Quote:
Adam Lambert has confirmed through Twitter that he will be performing with Queen this summer. The American Idol star will join guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor on July 7th, as Queen headlines the second day of the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park in England.
I always thought Adam was a perfect fit for Queen. He has the voice, style, and stage presence of Freddy Mercury, and I would love to see him become a permanent part of Queen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

I always thought Adam was a perfect fit for Queen. He has the voice, style, and stage presence of Freddy Mercury, and I would love to see him become a permanent part of Queen.
Oh, I must be tired. I misread this as "Adam Lambert will be performing with the Queen", as in Queen of England.
Ha! As if ...

Old 02-21-2012, 07:35 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,811,510 times
Lambert is my second favorite gay guy.
Top honors goes to Rob Halford of Judas Priest.
http://www.robhalford.com/quorum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67081&stc=1&d=12504496 84 (broken link)

Old 02-21-2012, 09:20 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,629,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Love Rob and Judas Priest! Adam Lambert is very far down on my list (I'm more of a rock fan than a pop fan.)

Old 02-21-2012, 01:31 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,983,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
This thread has nothing to do with Adam Lambert being gay.

When Adam Lambert first performed with Queen on American Idol, he seemed like a perfect replacement lead vocalist for Queen.

And now two years since American Idol, the members of Queen still feel this is true, since they are performing live with him once again.

Queen was one of the most talented bands ever, and it would require a huge talent to replace Freddy Mercury on vocals.

Personally, I am a long time fan of Queen. I saw them perform live several times back in the 80s.

And vocally, Adam is one of the best replacements for Freddy Mercury I have seen to date.

On the negative side ... Adam should work on his stage presence if he is to continue performing with Queen.

I'm not crazy about Adam Lambert's new "glam" look. He looked much better on American Idol, when he sort of resembled Elvis Presley.

I watched the following YouTube video when Adam performed with Queen last year:

and I didn't like the way Adam mentioned "Brian May on guitar" after Brian did a guitar solo.

Anyone who knows Queen knows exactly who Brian May is. There's no need to mention Brian's name. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Also, here is a video of a live interview Queen did with Lambert last year:

Adam Lambert Interview with Queen

Last edited by RD5050; 02-21-2012 at 01:43 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,541,852 times
Adam Lambert joining Queen has parallels in my mind to Arnel Pineda joining Journey.

In each case, the new comer has an incredible voice that matches and is in sync with the band's historic sound, but at the same time, brings a bit of uniqueness as well.

I think its cool when this can happen- I don't think it easy to pull off successfully.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,530,896 times
The only problem is, these are OLD bands, and as good as they were and still are, they are just not that relevant anymore. He should be finding his own place in the music world, not replacing someone.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 02-21-2012 at 09:55 PM..

Old 02-22-2012, 06:48 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,627,689 times
funny how Chris Allen won that year but Adam is far by more popular and is doing more things.

Chris Allen is nice, but lets face it, on stage you just want to fall asleep, while Adam is outrageous and makes better stage presense.

I can see Adam with Queen.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:50 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

I liked when George Micheal sang with Queen during the tribute concert to Freddie Mercury. HE has the chops and presence to pull it off.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:37 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,811,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
The only problem is, these are OLD bands, and as good as they were and still are, they are just not that relevant anymore. He should be finding his own place in the music world, not replacing someone.
This is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities