Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 03:12 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,599,549 times

Advertisements

Since I read and watch TV far more than I watch movies, just want to say that my exposure to the Smiths is mostly through magazines and entertainment shows. I could, of course, stop reading popular mags and watching those shows, but . . .

I collect Horatio Alger books, which were written around the turn of the 20th century and which were VERY popular in America through the 1930s. The villains in most of the books are the children of rich parents. These children are smug about being rich, and they also benefit from nepotism. They are portrayed as stupid and weak. The heroes of the books are boys who are poor but brave and work hard and become rich through their own character and effort. There are tons of other popular books with similar villains and heroes.

So, if you look at successful popular fiction there is objective proof that Americans don't like smug rich kids who benefit from nepotism.

So maybe Will and Jada are unintentionally setting their kids up for failure because the kids are seen to represent this archetype, and so they are disliked.

And just want to note that if the Smith kids were to fail and then make it again on their own via hard work they will become very much beloved!

(You can read many Alger books for free on-line at www.horationalgersociety.net I think they're on the Guttenberg project site too. Warning - the books are pretty bad!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 07:35 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,979,778 times
Please....I can't take one more jaden smolder!!!!

Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
The Internet is rife with images of Jaden trying to look like a bad-ass prepubescent. You're lucky I don't know how to post photos like citizencane did, but I can't stop him from posting more. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:05 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Taaa Daaaaah!!! "I'M SO FLY!"

Old 05-17-2013, 11:10 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times
Easy for a kid who is ensured a life time of financial security. Wait till this brat "gets his own place" - every low life parasite will be hanging out sucking up the food and lodging and cash...What will this inexperienced youngster do when he is overwhelmed by the worst parts of the world.............call dad? "Dad the crack heads refuse to leave...what should I do?"

Old 05-17-2013, 11:35 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Compilation:

17 Photos of Jaden Smith Looking Concerned About Something in the Distance | Pleated-Jeans.com

And this:

Jaden Smith is Always Worried | Awesomely Luvvie

It was just a matter of time:

http://jadenisworried.tumblr.com/

Old 05-17-2013, 11:46 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Didn't Dylan from 90210 make this face back in the day? It was his brooding look.
Or maybe it was Brandon...I'm gonna have to look them up.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:29 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
oh wow and dang--after reviewing all those photos I'm worried that if he continues with the wrinkled head,it's gonna stay that way. Maybe he needs an eye check-up. He was such a kid little kid and could be cute now but holy crap--that perplexed look he's always wearing is just odd.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:12 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
oh wow and dang--after reviewing all those photos I'm worried that if he continues with the wrinkled head,it's gonna stay that way. Maybe he needs an eye check-up. He was such a kid little kid and could be cute now but holy crap--that perplexed look he's always wearing is just odd.
The kid has this look that says...I don't know what the hell's going on..He might be a Hollywood disaster waiting to happen...kind of like Cher's daughter...who wanted to be "FREE"...you would think these people would be pleased with their privilege and wealth. I suppose some people are ungrateful for their good fortune...and want more and more...You have to remember that sons usually have the brain of the mother...He certainly does not have his dad's personality.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:34 AM

50,346 posts, read 63,928,555 times
I am just not sure how I feel about this.....apart from the fact I don't really give a flying flip.

At least the Smith kids have had the benefit of an intact family, something rare in showbiz land. I have heard that the parents are very permissive (Sure, little girl, you can shave one side of your head. Sure Jaden, you can go live in your own house), but that they do talk out conflicts with the children. Not a bad approach with teenagers really, and I have a feeling Jada was probably a very strict mother when the kids were small. I don't get the impression that lady takes much crap from anyone. Who really knows what goes on in any family, but they all seem good, solid, and polite, considering the upper ozone layer they occupy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities