Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 01:05 PM

153 posts, read 156,509 times

Advertisements

So, Don Lemon, about those sagging pants and hoodie.....

Swiss Officials Apologize To Oprah For Racism | Roland Martin Reports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 03:15 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
I'll bet the owner of that shop is kicking himself right about now, or at the very least, he should be kicking that racist saleswoman out the door. Good for Oprah, playing it cool and keeping the slag from getting her commission for the sale.

I can't even imagine the humiliation and indignation of having a salesclerk tell me what I can't afford.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:23 PM

199 posts, read 241,899 times
I don't know all the details but the salesperson didn't show OW the purse because she thought it would be too expensive for her. Didn't this type of incident happen before? Years ago in Paris (I think), she wanted to buy expensive clothes or something and the salesperson again didn't want to sell it to her.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:29 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 314guy View Post
So, Don Lemon, about those sagging pants and hoodie.....

Swiss Officials Apologize To Oprah For Racism | Roland Martin Reports
Oh pleeeeeez!! Lemon didn't say racism didnt' exist!!! He said basically, that if you already know that the deck is stacked against you, why the heck are we pouring gasoline on the fire with bad behavior!!???

This doe not negate Lemon's comments! You cannot get a great career speaking ebonics!!! You should still speak well!! To should pull your pants up!

How does Oprah's incident change those truths????

Old 08-09-2013, 04:03 PM

17,623 posts, read 17,682,949 times
So has Switzerland apologized for their banks accepting the money from Nazi Germany they got off the millions they exterminated? Did they apologize for the people in their country who support the Nazi ideals?

Old 08-10-2013, 07:56 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun24 View Post
I don't know all the details but the salesperson didn't show OW the purse because she thought it would be too expensive for her. Didn't this type of incident happen before? Years ago in Paris (I think), she wanted to buy expensive clothes or something and the salesperson again didn't want to sell it to her.

You must be thinking of the Hermes incident in which Oprah and her posse were indignant about not being let in the store after hours. Of course, "not wanting to make a big deal about it," Oprah ran straight to CNN as in her most recent case. Another omnipresent comment in her "they're racists" attacks is that they didn't (gasp!) recognize her, along with reminding us (as if we need to be reminded) that she could buy the store if she wanted to.

Despite her money, she's stuck on racism and has yet another sure-to-be-nominated film in the works about...you guessed it....another black victim of racism. Moreover, she's made a number of comments in the past about how she can now lord it over whites and has sniffed that "now they work for me." Oprah has her feet firmly planted in the Jamie Foxx brand of victimhood.

Just who is the racist?

Old 08-10-2013, 08:27 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
first of all, lets face it, a bag for 38K, give me a break.

anyone that spends 38K on a bag, needs to be smacked.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:10 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
Meh. When you're a billionaire that's pocket change or less. And it's not like Oprah doesn't give away considerable amounts of money to charitable causes. So what if she wants a 38k purse.I'm in love with Switzerland, but this is disappointing to read. For a country that is leaps and bounds ahead of the US in so many ways, to see this kind of stuff is very discouraging. Plus the ridiculous asylum laws they are passing right now. The point is the sales clerk should not assume who can and cannot afford something and I guarantee if she was white it wouldn't have happened.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:06 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Meh. When you're a billionaire that's pocket change or less. And it's not like Oprah doesn't give away considerable amounts of money to charitable causes. So what if she wants a 38k purse.I'm in love with Switzerland, but this is disappointing to read. For a country that is leaps and bounds ahead of the US in so many ways, to see this kind of stuff is very discouraging. Plus the ridiculous asylum laws they are passing right now. The point is the sales clerk should not assume who can and cannot afford something and I guarantee if she was white it wouldn't have happened.
regardless of how much money one has, a bag for 38K is absurd.

what could it possibly be made out of to warrant that price - nothing, you have got be kidding.

OK, so Oprah was insulted, she will get over it.

Actually, she could have embarrassed the clerk, by buying it......, but I know, like the story said, Miss O was not giving her commission.

LOL, so we have terrorism going on in the world, and poor Miss O gets insulted. What next?

Old 08-11-2013, 08:31 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times
Let's see, WHO leaked the story about this incident ? I doubt that the store did, I'm sure the clerk didn't, hmmm, that leaves the Queen of Plus sizes herself. She relishes this kind of publicity and loves the attention it gets her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities