Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 09:43 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,568,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
Some people say she is vulgar. She often talks about her own religion in a way that rankles people. I think she's hilarious if a little crude. Her boyfriend is Michael Sheen who was in "The Queen" as Tony Blair.

I can see that but she's done less vulgar things like, she was on "Monk" three times as an eccentric obsessive fan, first of a TV show and then of Monk himself. She was on a "Star Trek Voyager" episode which I don't like in general. I read her book and she was an SNL writer for a year, and you know what? Not one of her sketches were produced. Not one! And one day she stabbled Al Franken with a pencil.

She just now won an Emmy and reminded me she's kinda hot too. If she was totally nice all the time, would she be very interesting?
She was also the annoying girlfriend of Jack Black's roommate in School of Rock. She was in other supporting roles like that from time to time before she got her own show on Comedy Central. I like her comedy. She doesn't go on about stupid female issues like other female comedians. I appreciate that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 06:03 PM

339 posts, read 334,273 times
One of the more annoying female celebrities that I can think of at the moment.

Takes whining and being a man-hating twit to new levels.

What usually comes to mind when I first hear her or see her is, "Good Lord: could you imagine coming home to THAT every night?" I think I would probably strangle her in her sleep.

(Which, BTW, would be easy, given that giraffe neck of hers. LOL)

I also see from her bio she has never been married. Gee, what a surpise.

And also that her Mom was a feminist Rabbi; and her sister wrote a book called "Dump "Em--how to break-up with anybody." (Again, what a suprise..the whole "apple not fallin' far from the tree and all...)

Damn..her poor Dad....think he's brow-beaten much? LOL.

She just strikes me as a distasteful individual on many levels. Although, this is not an uncommon dynamic with female celebs, right?

Last edited by Der Vogel; 03-05-2015 at 06:12 PM..

Old 03-07-2015, 02:19 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,785,882 times
I like her even more after reading the last post.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:40 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,438,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Yes! That post added untold points for Silverman.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:03 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,039,578 times
Quote:
Me too!

Old 03-07-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:

And the fact that you are Jewish wouldn't have anything to do with that, now, would it?

Old 03-08-2015, 09:29 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,438,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Vogel View Post
And the fact that you are Jewish wouldn't have anything to do with that, now, would it?
I agreed with her and I'm not Jewish. What are you? A Muslim, a Hari Krishna or what?

Old 03-08-2015, 10:38 AM

I can't wait to tell my parents that we're Jewish! They're gonna be SO surprised! Especially since my dad just came from the services at a Lutheran church. Ha!

Old 03-08-2015, 04:44 PM

Oh, so you're not Jewish.

Sorry, my mistake.

It's just that in your profile pic you looked amazingly like my ex--you could be sisters. And she WAS Jewish. A true Jewish American Princess, (***) in fact.

And she also like Sara Silverstein. Or whatever her name is.....

Old 03-10-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Vogel View Post
Oh, so you're not Jewish.

Sorry, my mistake.

It's just that in your profile pic you looked amazingly like my ex--you could be sisters. And she WAS Jewish. A true Jewish American Princess, (***) in fact.

And she also like Sara Silverstein. Or whatever her name is.....
Interesting logic.
I have a sister, but she's not Jewish either. Not that I know of, anyhoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities