Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 07:41 AM

322 posts, read 243,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
That's fine, we don't have to agree, but I noticed you didn't answer the question. What evidence are looking for?
I am not looking for evidence. That is someone elses job. But until I see that evidence I cannot make a factual claim for or against any party. I am just pointing out that you don't know what you are claiming. You are just taking a side because you choose to. I choose to wait and see for sure before passing judgement on the women or him.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:42 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,807,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT897 View Post
You are correct. I was not there. Were you?

I am going to wait for the evidence in court before I decide who did what.
You've already stated that you think most of these claims are false. You did so earlier in this thread, right here:

Quote:
IF and that's a big IF, he did one tenth of what is being alleged then he would have been arrested and a court date set. Until that happens no one can form an opinion on this. It's just wild, unsubstantiated allegations that the women are not willing to back up. If I were him and this was untrue I would go after the ones making the allegations.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/37858693-post709.html

He hasn't been arrested and charged. And since you make that a litmus test for him doing even a small fraction of what has been alleged, you - by your own words above - are claiming that at least nine-tenths of the allegations against Cosby are false.

Care to explain to us which of your contradictory statements are true? Are you going to wait for evidence to come out in court, or have you already decided that since he has not been arrested, at least nine-tenths of the allegations against him are not true? Which is it?

Quote:
And even then, most honest people will not be able to say with absolute certainty what happened. Unless they were there.
This is a red-herring - the standard is beyond a reasonable doubt, it is not absolute certainty.

Quote:
I cannot say for sure what any of the woman's motives are. I have not spoken to them.
And now you're impugning the obvious victims. You're putting a lot of effort into dissembling on behalf of the obvious rapist. I'm sure the obvious rapist appreciates it.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:53 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,550,952 times
Quote:
So you really have not seen any real evidence is what you are saying! I understand!
Quote:
I am not looking for evidence. That is someone elses job. But until I see that evidence I cannot make a factual claim for or against any party. I am just pointing out that you don't know what you are claiming. You are just taking a side because you choose to. I choose to wait and see for sure before passing judgement on the women or him.
Your post most certainly implies the necessity of evidence supporting claims.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Your post most certainly implies the necessity of evidence supporting claims.
Exactly, and you and I don't have sufficient evidence to form an opinion yet. That's my entire point. Glad you got it!

Old 01-04-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Exactly, and you and I don't have sufficient evidence to form an opinion yet. That's my entire point. Glad you got it!
Diversion and backpedaling don't work. Sufficient evidence isn't needed and already been pointed out.

So I'll ask again, what evidence are you looking for?

Old 01-04-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Diversion and backpedaling don't work. Sufficient evidence isn't needed and already been pointed out.

So I'll ask again, what evidence are you looking for?
Why would you backpedal? All I have said is I have not seen sufficient evidence to pronounce judgement yet and ask you what evidence you have seen. Let's keep it on what I said and not divert.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
You've already stated that you think most of these claims are false. You did so earlier in this thread, right here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/37858693-post709.html

He hasn't been arrested and charged. And since you make that a litmus test for him doing even a small fraction of what has been alleged, you - by your own words above - are claiming that at least nine-tenths of the allegations against Cosby are false.

Care to explain to us which of your contradictory statements are true? Are you going to wait for evidence to come out in court, or have you already decided that since he has not been arrested, at least nine-tenths of the allegations against him are not true? Which is it?

This is a red-herring - the standard is beyond a reasonable doubt, it is not absolute certainty.

And now you're impugning the obvious victims. You're putting a lot of effort into dissembling on behalf of the obvious rapist. I'm sure the obvious rapist appreciates it.
If it's true and any of these women are telling the truth we will see it go to court. I do not have the evidence before me to make such claims as you do. Obviously you have all the evidence and I would like to know what you have seen. It seems no one wants to put up to support their claim. My claim is that if there is evidence it will come out. I am not all knowing as some seem to think they are.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Why would you backpedal? All I have said is I have not seen sufficient evidence to pronounce judgement yet and ask you what evidence you have seen. Let's keep it on what I said and not divert.
Why can't you answer a simple a question?

First you imply the necessity of evidence, then backpedaled saying you weren't looking for evidence.

So, the question remains; What evidence do you need ?

Last edited by virgode; 01-04-2015 at 08:43 AM..

Old 01-04-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Why can't you answer a simple a question?

First you imply the necessity of evidence, then backpedaled saying you weren't looking for evidence.

So, the question remains; What evidence do you need ?
As I have said, I am not seeking evidence but before I would pass judgement on anyone I must see evidence. So far there has been no evidence presented that I am aware of.

What evidence do I need. I really don't need any because it is not my job to pass judgement. But to form an opinion on the matter I would require something absolute. You have to look at each persons claim independent of the others unless they happened together and view and listen to evidence on each claim. To my knowledge so far there has only been a single claim made in each case. It's not enough to make a judgement yet.

If that answer is not good enough for you then you are out of luck. I am not going to get baited into an argument with someone with no evidence to support their judgement.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
As I have said, I am not seeking evidence but before I would pass judgement on anyone I must see evidence. So far there has been no evidence presented that I am aware of.

What evidence do I need. I really don't need any because it is not my job to pass judgement. But to form an opinion on the matter I would require something absolute. You have to look at each persons claim independent of the others unless they happened together and view and listen to evidence on each claim. To my knowledge so far there has only been a single claim made in each case. It's not enough to make a judgement yet.

If that answer is not good enough for you then you are out of luck. I am not going to get baited into an argument with someone with no evidence to support their judgement.
So just say, I don't want to pass judgment and leave it that.

Your response to the poster was baited for argument, suggesting evidence as proof. You're well aware that what's needed as "evidence" is non-existant after 40 yrs.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities