Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 06:26 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Consent takes on many forms. Body language generally during foreplay. Rarely does one hear "Lets go. XXX.."
Why is it that you would rather believe one 'actor' than 25 different women? Of course we are all human and sometimes people lie for different reasons, including money. That is not the sense that I get from these women. It takes courage to 'come out' against an icon - especially a very rich icon. I don't think this was an easy decision for any of them.

I wish you would explain what kind of 'body language' there is if your drugged? When is it OK to have anybody, including doctors, administer any medication without your knowledge?

Old 01-11-2015, 10:07 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
What people fail to realize is that ANY sexual contact WITHOUT consent is rape or sexual abuse. You can call it molestation, improper touching, whatever. It's against the law.

Surprising that people make excuses as to why it happened. And it's scary to think that no one simply says, the male should have never touched the woman. I don't care if she was butt naked spread eagle. If she's knocked out, drunk, or sober, you don't touch unless it is CLEARLY understood between the both of you that it is consensual. And no, an unconscious or inebriated female CANNOT give consent. Just as a contract signed by a person under duress or the influence of a substance CANNOT be legally bound to that contract.

Why is this concept so hard for people to understand?
Yes, why does it appear this is never taught and understood? Apparently due to young males not being instructed to act appropriately under these kinds of circumstances, though there must be some who have been impressed upon to know differently, but, you wonder...

Old 01-11-2015, 10:46 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
Quote:
Consent takes on many forms. Body language generally during foreplay. Rarely does one hear "Lets go. XXX.."
Drugging is not part of consensual sex. Period. Any perceived signals from these women are void.

Old 01-12-2015, 02:13 AM

274 posts, read 353,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojow View Post
As much as I want to believe these women, I have issues with the timing of all this. I find it so odd that not one single woman ever told anyone ever. No one ever told their mom, sister, best friend, therapist, a diary - no one - EVER. If they did, why isn't someone coming forward and saying, "yes, so and so told me such and such back in 1983". It just seems odd that there is not one single witness who can corroborate their stories.
Not only have women reported they told someone at the time, but as this plays out I'd be surprised if there's a single one who didn't tell at least one close, trusted friend or family member at the time.

A close friend of mine years ago called, shaken, to tell me she had been raped. A hairdresser she had gone to several times, and who lived in her neighborhood, invited her to dinner one evening. She was moving back to the West Coast in a week or so, after finishing her graduate degree. She went to his place, they had dinner, and after some small talk she said she was heading out. He locked the door, barring her exit, and it went from there. The story was really horrific. She was a mess.

I asked if she had gone to the police, and she said no. She was scared, he lived in the neighborhood, she didn't want to relive it, she was leaving town and and and .... We talked about it a long time. I tried to convince her to report him, told her she couldn't allow him to go free to rape someone else, etc. It was a difficult talk. She was sobbing, begged me to understand that she just couldn't emotionally bear the thought of going through all that: the reliving, the telling, the retelling, etc.

Now - this was an educated woman, and the rapist was not a famous celebrity but a friggin' hairdresser! And she would not have been setting herself up to be disbelieved by 200 million Americans, on the cover of tabloids, shunned and known for having accused a beloved famous person of rape.

It makes perfect sense to me why it took one, then another, then another to come forward for the dominoes to start falling.

Old 01-12-2015, 03:08 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,834,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Drugging is not part of consensual sex. Period. Any perceived signals from these women are void.
Define drugging. Too many drinks leaves one as disorientated as if drugs were used.

Old 01-12-2015, 04:06 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
Quote:
Define drugging. Too many drinks leaves one as disorientated as if drugs were used.
Had you read or watched what victims have said, defining isn't necessary. Its not subjective and debatable. He's already settled one case out of court in 2004; 13 women corroborated her story.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Had you read or watched what victims have said, defining isn't necessary. Its not subjective and debatable. He's already settled one case out of court in 2004; 13 women corroborated her story.
Actually no, not in detail, just a few seconds on the news for one or two of the recent ones. I saw where one woman was describing performing unvoluntary oral sex and the reporter asked her why she did bite on his penis.(guaranteed to cool any man's ardor) and she looked at him confused and said I did not think of that....Total BS excuse in my book.

I do not dispute he used drugs or alcohol to ease the route to sex. I do dispute these woman were unaware of why BC was socializing with them. I do not and have never known anyone who goes to a serious party alone without the intention of finding a partner for the night. Similar situation if any member of the party is invited and accepts an alcohol drink after hours in privacy.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:45 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times
Quote:
Their body language was slumped over unconscious. The drugs he used knock them out, period.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:55 AM

There is more to it than that. Funny though.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:09 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
What people fail to realize is that ANY sexual contact WITHOUT consent is rape or sexual abuse. You can call it molestation, improper touching, whatever. It's against the law.

Surprising that people make excuses as to why it happened. And it's scary to think that no one simply says, the male should have never touched the woman. I don't care if she was butt naked spread eagle. If she's knocked out, drunk, or sober, you don't touch unless it is CLEARLY understood between the both of you that it is consensual. And no, an unconscious or inebriated female CANNOT give consent. Just as a contract signed by a person under duress or the influence of a substance CANNOT be legally bound to that contract.

Why is this concept so hard for people to understand?
The way I understand it; rape IS a violent crime against anyone. I think how difficult it is for a woman or girl, to report a rape; how difficult it would be for a man or boy to report the crime. Rape is a demeaning act to a fellow human being.

One definition is that "rape is about control, power and the hatred of women." Maybe, Cosby does not hate women; just wanted "notches," on his belt. If the allegations are true, and sadly, sounding like the good 'old boy, had a field day. Young women, hoping to make their careers in the entertainment world; getting Cosby's attention; had no idea he laced their coffees or drinks with drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities