Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 12:01 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,785,882 times

Advertisements

I posted on Time magazine's facebook page about how Rashad's testimony really has no bearing on this since she wouldn't have been present for the alleged rapes and Cosby wouldn't have made his perversions known to his costar. It's nice that she's speaking on his behalf, but it doesn't do anything to prove his innocence or guilt. They're just the words of an actress who worked with him.

I'm now being accused of being a "racist" and someone brought up the fact that I "brushed under the rug" the fact that Stephen Collins molested children. One person asked why the testimonies of the "Bill Cosby Whores" means anything, then. Is this what our world has become? Why would I discuss Collins in a thread about Cosby? And how does standing up for the rights of victims of rape make me a "racist?" This world has truly become ass backward and painful to live in.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:04 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,565,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I posted on Time magazine's facebook page about how Rashad's testimony really has no bearing on this since she wouldn't have been present for the alleged rapes and Cosby wouldn't have made his perversions known to his costar. It's nice that she's speaking on his behalf, but it doesn't do anything to prove his innocence or guilt. They're just the words of an actress who worked with him.

I'm now being accused of being a "racist" and someone brought up the fact that I "brushed under the rug" the fact that Stephen Collins molested children. One person asked why the testimonies of the "Bill Cosby Whores" means anything, then. Is this what our world has become? Why would I discuss Collins in a thread about Cosby? And how does standing up for the rights of victims of rape make me a "racist?" This world has truly become ass backward and painful to live in.
Sad and scary at the same time.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:10 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,785,882 times
When people are more inclined to call the victims names than to listen to what they went through, well, that's the point at which we know society is pretty much screwed. I'm sure that's what a lot of predators count on, too.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:36 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
When people are more inclined to call the victims names than to listen to what they went through, well, that's the point at which we know society is pretty much screwed. I'm sure that's what a lot of predators count on, too.
Take notice objectors mostly men; not society, who wouldn't dream of ever drugging and raping a women. And then cases like Duke lacrosse or recent Rolling Stone article, realizing this could be themselves falsely accused, so they go on the defensive. Nothing said here will give them a more objective point of view.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:57 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
what evidence are you looking for? You'll NEVER get evidence of these rapes. Especially if the victim was drugged and there was no struggle. Even if the person was placed at Bill's house alone at the time, it's his word against theirs that it wasn't consensual. People keep asking for evidence when they no there is none.

If these women really wanted to sink Bill Cosby, they would have done it BEFORE the statue of limitations expired. If this is a conspiracy, why wait until your allegations are toothless - when there is little recourse?

Great point why not sink this guy before the statute of limitations is up? Why not get the money back then after it happened. They'd be sitting pretty now and no need to come forward. None.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 01-07-2015 at 03:13 PM..

Old 01-07-2015, 03:03 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
You answered your own question. (hint: "orchestrated")
How specifically was it orchestrated? Just to say it was doesn't give that theory much of a leg to stand on.

Why now? Why these particular women? Why did they wait all these years to "destroy" him? Why not hit him up for the cash then? Why Beverly Johnson who has money, fame and reputation?
People's actions are based on some motivating factor. Why do they want to destroy him specifically? Theories please.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 01-07-2015 at 03:13 PM..

Old 01-07-2015, 03:50 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,251,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Whoa. Okay. Be careful. So, a priest, who is conservative, can't rape someone? A father can't rape his daughter? A Baptist minister can't rape a teenage boy? Be very careful in judging what an individual ISN'T capable of based on outward appearance.

OMG. Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I didn't say he couldn't have done it because he is conservative. I said there are those who will want to destroy him because he is a conservative black man. He doesn't fit the mold.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:02 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
OMG. Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I didn't say he couldn't have done it because he is conservative. I said there are those who will want to destroy him because he is a conservative black man. He doesn't fit the mold.
Oh, I see. So, it is liberals who are out to destroy him by getting these women together to make these claims of crimes from decades ago? Drag his name through the mud, ruin his reputation, all for some very good reason, no doubt. I guess we will find out soon, 'eh? Now it makes sense.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:03 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Right...Conservatives don't come in a variety of ethnicities.

You're baiting, making this a race issue.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:16 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
How specifically was it orchestrated? Just to say it was doesn't give that theory much of a leg to stand on.

Why now? Why these particular women? Why did they wait all these years to "destroy" him? Why not hit him up for the cash then? Why Beverly Johnson who has money, fame and reputation?
People's actions are based on some motivating factor. Why do they want to destroy him specifically? Theories please.
I kind of like the idea that we believe the 'actor'; but we don't believe 25 women from different walks of life. Of course I know that actors never lie or make up stories - give me a break! Isn't that what acting is all about?

These women will be lucky if they ever see a dime out of this. They have already lived through the embarrassment, humility, degradation. Hopefully they will get some satisfaction from the ordeal that they went through. Even counting the newest to come forward; I seriously doubt that law will hurt Dr. Huxtable - he is innocent until proven guilty. However; these women have changed our view and the view of sponsors and stations - we will never look at him the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities