Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 01:11 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times

Advertisements

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/wpn...pnan150206.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 01:13 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

How absurd.

By implication you are assuming many here are against what Williams did based on politics. For starters, I'd expect FOX to have already fired Chris Wallace or who ever is their top news anchor. Second, I do not want the news told by someone I cannot trust. Sure I know most of the news is biased and framed in ways to make people think a certain way, but flat out lies are something different all together.

So if Williams or any other news anchor is found to be dishonest (beyond personal bias), then yes they should be fired.
Personal integrity is an important part of such a job. Out of all the current and fill in news anchors, I'd assume Bob Schieffer of CBS has the most integrity, and would not stoop to telling lies to stroke his own ego.
Though I do not know much about Chris Wallace of FOX, I have no reason to think he lacks integty to the point of fabricating stories to further his career.

`
The fact that he works for Faux tells me a great deal about his integrity or lack thereof.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:08 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
The fact that he works for Faux tells me a great deal about his integrity or lack thereof.

Put away those MSNBC flashcards.

Here we go again. Dismissing accounts based on the source rather than their veracity. So much for being open-minded.

Brian Williams is not only unprofessional (he can't keep his opinions away from news reporting) but he's a liar. The instances that have been aired lately of his lies to multiple interviewers about this "incident" should be troubling to anyone who cares about journalism. The "misrecollection," still parroted by NBC, is a crock. He not only lied about this on multiple occasions, but embroidered the tale as he was questioned about it.

A doctor with the NBC team during Katrina coverage has also questioned his "dysentery," along with the "many bodies" that he supposedly saw "floating by." Then there's the Katrina survivor who was supposedly murdered at the Astrodome.....the same person, he recounted, whose murder Williams later claimed to have witnessed.

Give me a break.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:23 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
More and more we hear that eye witnesses are not reliable because of distorted memories. Science has a lot to say about this.

Is It Possible To 'Misremember' Getting Shot Out Of The Sky? A Scientific Exploration | ThinkProgress
He's been shown to be a liar among many other of his stories too. I think he thought nobody would find out, and then, after lying for so long, in his mind, he thought he really had done it.

It's called a pathological liar.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:29 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times
Faux news is what Brian Williams reported. Basically, he is a fraud because he accepted money for doing his job and in performing that job, lied to promote himself and his position.

To the tune of 10 million dollars no less.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:39 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Flat out made the story up. Send his A_$$ packing !

Old 02-10-2015, 02:33 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Flat out made the story up. Send his A_$$ packing !
Lol, that will never happen. The network investigation is simply a ruse to let viewers think they care about journalistic integrity.

He's a flat-out liar. David Bloom died from a DVT after riding in a jeep for hours on end as an embedded reporter. Lara Logan was sexually assaulted while on assignment. Bob Woodruff got the left top of his skull blown off while reporting abroad.

Briam Williams had to make up something to compete with people who really put their lives on the line while doing their jobs. He should stick to having more glam shots taken and leave serious reporting to the pros.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:15 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Lol, that will never happen. The network investigation is simply a ruse to let viewers think they care about journalistic integrity.

He's a flat-out liar. David Bloom died from a DVT after riding in a jeep for hours on end as an embedded reporter. Lara Logan was sexually assaulted while on assignment. Bob Woodruff got the left top of his skull blown off while reporting abroad.

Briam Williams had to make up something to compete with people who really put their lives on the line while doing their jobs. He should stick to having more glam shots taken and leave serious reporting to the pros.
Yes, real journalists putting their lives on the line reporting news to us, not an anchor that just shows up blow smoke up our a_$$. And I'm pretty sure the ones you mentioned don't make anywhere close to $10 million a year. You would think for that kind of cash he would at least tell the truth.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:55 PM

997 posts, read 1,061,403 times
He's been suspended without pay for 6 months!

NBC News Suspends Brian Williams for 6 Months

Old 02-10-2015, 06:03 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet3 View Post
He's been suspended without pay for 6 months!
Is that fake? it says "NBC Spokesperson Maggie Steenland forwarded the following memo to Gawker:" why would she forward a memo to Gawker?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities