Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 02:58 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,328,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Or perhaps not the kind of fan of the movies you prefer and frequent.
Good acting is good acting weather you enjoy the genre or not. If you're judging Brad Pitt based on movies that you don't like maybe that's the problem. You're the one making the accusation that he's only liked by mostly woman and due to his looks and not his acting ability. Turns out you're not a fan of the types of movies he makes. What am I to think of you? Maybe you don't belong in this conversation at all, and I question why you are.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 03:01 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,521,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop123 View Post
To what extent is Brad Pitts star status due to his versatility as an actor within genres?
I agree his looks takes a lot away from the fact he is a great actor and he is btw in snatch as a gypsy he was spot on .

He's very popular in the uk even amongst men for the above reason. Same with Johnny depp

Old 10-02-2015, 03:02 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,328,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I agree his looks takes a lot away from the fact he is a great actor and he is btw in snatch as a gypsy he was spot on .
My absolute favorite role of his is definitely in Snatch. That movie is a true gem.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:07 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,385,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
My absolute favorite role of his is definitely in Snatch. That movie is a true gem.
Yes, he was very good in snatch, 12 monkeys, interview with a vampire, and inglorious bastards. He was pretty good in Benjamin button and moneyball.

He's a good actor, but not a great one. He just was made a star with his combination of looks and acting ability. If he was ugly he would not have made it as a character actor.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Tbh I can't think of a role he's done I don't like.....? But I know a few ' pikeys ' as there called here and it's a proper accent, it makes you think how the hell he prepared for that role lol

Also meet joe black was a good one........ His jamacian accent of course

Old 10-02-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Yes, he was very good in snatch, 12 monkeys, interview with a vampire, and inglorious bastards. He was pretty good in Benjamin button and moneyball.

He's a good actor, but not a great one. He just was made a star with his combination of looks and acting ability. If he was ugly he would not have made it as a character actor.
Granted he's not a de Niro, Pacino or Nicholson I'll grant you but he still holds his own

My favourite actor at the moment is Tom hardy I think he's on the path to greatness

Old 10-02-2015, 04:34 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,301,142 times
Quote:
Good acting is good acting weather you enjoy the genre or not. If you're judging Brad Pitt based on movies that you don't like maybe that's the problem. You're the one making the accusation that he's only liked by mostly woman and due to his looks and not his acting ability. Turns out you're not a fan of the types of movies he makes. What am I to think of you? Maybe you don't belong in this conversation at all, and I question why you are.

No. What I am "judging" is Brad's lack of ability to fully rid himself of himself. Whatever good or crap film he's in, if you are aware that it's Brad all the way through it, and don't lose that it's Brad Pitt, the actor, then he has failed.

If you knew anything about acting, we would not be having this conversation. Brad is on the level of many of his peers: Keanu, Matthew, Tom, and many more!

Old 10-02-2015, 04:38 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Meh

Old 10-08-2015, 04:14 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Brad Pitt is mostly looks. His movies are fine, at least they are not bad movies. I was never really in love with his looks though. I don't think he is as attractive as people think. He looks a little like Enrique Iglesias.

Keanu Reeves was very attractive but probably a worse actor.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Brad Pitt is mostly looks. His movies are fine, at least they are not bad movies. I was never really in love with his looks though. I don't think he is as attractive as people think.

Keanu Reeves was very attractive but probably a worse actor.
Well your the first that said that about Brad Pitt that I've heard of. ALL the women I know LOVE him!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities