Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 02:55 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,569,088 times

Advertisements

You can be sure, he won't face any criminal charges, or at least, wouldn't serve a day of a sentence. The whole celebrity forgiven thing, you know....But civil damages? Well, yes, until he cries about being bankrupt. Then the end of the money train.

Nope, he and all of his victims will get to live with their mistakes, until they die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 02:57 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Am I the only one that believes AIDS is a conspiracy? How is it that I have never known anyone with AIDS/HIV and I have never known someone that knew someone or knew someone that knew someone that knew someone with it? The only person I know has it is Magic and he's in better shape than most guys I know who are in their mid 50s
No. Crack-pot ideas are curiously common.

Approximately 1.1 million Americans are HIV positive - that's only 1 in 290 persons. How many people do you know so closely, so intimately, that they'd share the highly-stigmatizing information that they're HIV positive? A lot less than 290, that's how many.

So, we have three possibilities:
*Either you don't happen to know such a person well at all, or
*You do know such a person, but they're not confiding in you, or
*It's the biggest conspiracy theory in the history of the planet

Gee, I wonder which it could possibly be?

Old 11-16-2015, 03:04 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
No. Crack-pot ideas are curiously common.

Approximately 1.1 million Americans are HIV positive - that's only 1 in 290 persons. How many people do you know so closely, so intimately, that they'd share the highly-stigmatizing information that they're HIV positive? A lot less than 290, that's how many.

So, we have three possibilities:
*Either you don't happen to know such a person well at all, or
*You do know such a person, but they're not confiding in you, or
*It's the biggest conspiracy theory in the history of the planet

Gee, I wonder which it could possibly be?
I've known a lot of people over 38 years and they have known a lot of people. Meaning the amount of people I'm vaguely connected to is exponential. If anyone in anyone's circle of acquaintances had HIV I am sure someone would have died from it in the past 30 years that it has been in the public's awareness and I'm sure someone would know and say that so and so died of AIDS

Old 11-16-2015, 03:12 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,953,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Bat Boy, and his buddy, the Incredible Frog Boy, were found on the pages of the Weekly World News, not the Enquirer.

Making that mistake would turn Ed Anger into Ed Infuriated.
I was going to make that exact point! .

Old 11-16-2015, 03:16 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,578,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

I'm praying for him, all that talent and such a troubled soul.
Talent? We are not talking about Leonardo DiCaprio or Phillip Symore Hoffman.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:16 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
I've known a lot of people over 38 years and they have known a lot of people. Meaning the amount of people I'm vaguely connected to is exponential. If anyone in anyone's circle of acquaintances had HIV I am sure someone would have died from it in the past 30 years that it has been in the public's awareness and I'm sure someone would know and say that so and so died of AIDS
Just because you don't know of anyone personally, or through friends/connections, that have died from Aids, doesn't mean it isn't real. I can say the same thing... I don't know of anyone who's died of it either, but I do believe it exists. There have been a few famous people die from it such as tennis pro Arthur Ashe, and actor Rock Hudson, but I suppose you might think their families/friends would lie about how they died to further the vast conspiracy. Can't imagine why they would do that, though. Certainly not to boost their image/legacy.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:20 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,684,215 times
Charlie Sheen is one of my heroes. Or maybe Charlie Harper. In any event, he's fortunate that modern drug treatments will likely allow him to have a full life.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:20 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
HIV isn't a death sentence the way it used to be, and it's treated like any other chronic illness. Many people with HIV take their medication and get on with their lives, whether or not it's fodder for gossip among your circle.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:23 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Am I the only one that believes AIDS is a conspiracy? How is it that I have never known anyone with AIDS/HIV and I have never known someone that knew someone or knew someone that knew someone that knew someone with it? The only person I know has it is Magic and he's in better shape than most guys I know who are in their mid 50s
Sorry, You are the only one so far who still believes in conspiracy theories

As a HC provider since 1970..YEP..HIV/AIDS is very REAL....and the only one's who get media attention area those well known ones..BUT it's very real..just like the Hepatitis C...and yes..identified way back...and yes..most nurses due to daily exposure to "Bodily Fluids" were constantly at risk..So in order to protect and verify "Clean" state..most were tested in order to maintain eligibility for compensation....IF by chance. had some sort of exposure to a later identified patient WITH Aids/Hep c...Immunization regime set up for Hepatitis A-B-C to create antibodies..AIDs..no such vaccine was then developed and today sp far no vaccine...

I guess, as I have known hundreds IF not thousands whether thru work or personally that tested + Aids and is/was NOT just a conspiracy theory..Very real my friend
I personally knew a Surgeon back in the '80's who died within a month after getting exposed to patient with Hep C ( during surgery/gloved hand got pierced during operation)....He was not elderly..but older ( 59-62) and sent shock waves thru the whole industry.....I wouldn't suggest..his death was arranged to create the need to create some sort of vaccine to protect us who work in the front line of HC....Gloves, masks with eye shields,double bagging contaminated linen's and garbage to get incinerated became the norm. Believe me..Like any field..unknowns are just that..until experienced..no conspiracy..Just education..experience..solution seeking...Science has been far too bashed by conspiracy theorists!!

Old 11-16-2015, 03:28 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Sorry, You are the only one so far who still believes in conspiracy theories

As a HC provider since 1970..YEP..HIV/AIDS is very REAL....and the only one's who get media attention area those well known ones..BUT it's very real..just like the Hepatitis C...and yes..identified way back...and yes..most nurses due to daily exposure to "Bodily Fluids" were constantly at risk..So in order to protect and verify "Clean" state..most were tested in order to maintain eligibility for compensation....IF by chance. had some sort of exposure to a later identified patient WITH Aids/Hep c...Immunization regime set up for Hepatitis A-B-C to create antibodies..AIDs..no such vaccine was then developed and today sp far no vaccine...

I guess, as I have known hundreds IF not thousands whether thru work or personally that tested + Aids and is/was NOT just a conspiracy theory..Very real my friend
I personally knew a Surgeon back in the '80's who died within a month after getting exposed to patient with Hep C ( during surgery/gloved hand got pierced during operation)....He was not elderly..but older ( 59-62) and sent shock waves thru the whole industry.....I wouldn't suggest..his death was arranged to create the need to create some sort of vaccine to protect us who work in the front line of HC....Gloves, masks with eye shields,double bagging contaminated linen's and garbage to get incinerated became the norm. Believe me..Like any field..unknowns are just that..until experienced..no conspiracy..Just education..experience..solution seeking...Science has been far too bashed by conspiracy theorists!!
Tin foil hats are the fashion statement of choice for the overly paranoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities