Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 10:48 AM

16,428 posts, read 12,549,337 times

Advertisements

I'm confused ... is this the Winkler tweet that everyone is talking about?

Quote:
“Now you will finally have the peace you wanted to badly here on earth,” Winkler wrote. “Rest In It serenely now.. too soon.”
I don't understand what is wrong with that. It's quite nice, IMO. He's recognizing that she led a very troubled life, and any sort of peace seemed to elude her. Now she has peace, though too soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 11:01 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,317,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Like so many who became stars as children, Erin found later life hard. She was part of a very entertaining tv show, and I will remember her for that. RIP Joanie.
Well said sir.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:03 AM

8,058 posts, read 10,658,133 times
Somehow I'm ot surprised at this one. I saw her in an interview about a decade ago, she looked old and hardened then.. Definitely a substance abuser. What struck me most was her bitterness and blame at everyone else for her situation. She blamed her child stardom, etc. for her pitiful circumstances. She told way too much information about her relationship with Scott Baio, which was well in the past. What she missed was that she had the perfect example of how successful a child actor CAN grow up to be. Ron Howard.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:05 AM

8,058 posts, read 10,658,133 times
oops, NOT surprised.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:33 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,261,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post

I don't understand what is wrong with that. It's quite nice, IMO. He's recognizing that she led a very troubled life, and any sort of peace seemed to elude her. Now she has peace, though too soon.
I don't either.

It seems heartfelt and kind to me.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:55 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,829,547 times
Why couldn't anyone save Erin, or why couldn't she save herself, from the problems that bedeviled her adult life? Why did she not try to pursue a different career, including going to college if necessary, after the acting jobs dried up? Did she not receive any royalties from "Happy Days"? So sad.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:00 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,829,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Somehow I'm ot surprised at this one. I saw her in an interview about a decade ago, she looked old and hardened then.. Definitely a substance abuser. What struck me most was her bitterness and blame at everyone else for her situation. She blamed her child stardom, etc. for her pitiful circumstances. She told way too much information about her relationship with Scott Baio, which was well in the past. What she missed was that she had the perfect example of how successful a child actor CAN grow up to be. Ron Howard.
Anson Williams also became a director after "Happy Days". He directed episodes of television series. Donny Most didn't have any major acting roles after "Happy Days", but he seemed to avoid any pitfalls.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:43 PM

753 posts, read 445,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post

It's just the present generation's need to be offended at every little thing.

Ignore it.

You're right, there's nothing wrong with what Winkler said.

Old 04-23-2017, 04:36 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,711,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
The tweet Henry Winkler left was inexcusable. No need to patronize, she despised him. Spoke negatively of him years ago on the Howard Stern Show

Donny Most & Aaron Moran had very nice things to say.
Sorry, but I don't see nothing wrong with Henry's tweet either.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:16 PM

31,959 posts, read 27,083,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
Yes the timing for a jab was inappropriate. I definitely reads like sarcasm.
Says you!

Saw nothing wrong with Mr. Winkler's message. Did it ever occur to any of you arm chair quarterbacks that Mr. Winkler having a much closer relationship to Ms. Moran than anyone posting her, knows more about her life than what is being reported in media.

What has been reported regarding the late Ms. Moran's life post Happy Days is not what one would have foretold given what went on before:
"In 1987, Moran married Rocky Ferguson; they divorced in 1993.[SIZE=3][21][/SIZE] In 1993, she married Steven Fleischmann.[SIZE=3][21][/SIZE][SIZE=3][22][/SIZE]
After Happy Days and Joanie Loves Chachi were canceled, Moran moved from Los Angeles to the California mountains and revealed in a 1988 interview that she suffered from depression and was unable to gain acting roles.[SIZE=3][3][/SIZE] Moran confirmed news reports that her California home was foreclosed on in 2010,[SIZE=3][23][/SIZE] following media claims that she was also served eviction papers and moved into her mother-in-law's trailer home in Indiana.[SIZE=3][24][/SIZE] In 2017, Variety magazine said she "had fallen on hard times in recent years. She was reportedly kicked out of her trailer park home in Indiana because of her hard-partying ways""

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Moran
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities