Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 09:02 PM

50,823 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

It seemed to me like Brendan Frasier, at one time, had a pretty good career going. Then it seemed like it fell off a cliff. Why?

Lousy movie roles?
Not that good an actor?
Or some other reason?

I was most impressed with him in "School Ties".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 12:18 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
I thought Brendan Frasier was going to be a major star years ago. Something went wrong, and he ended up in some bad movies.

I thought he was great in 'Gods and Monsters', which remains one of my favourite films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn2G6YrvibM

Old 05-01-2017, 05:45 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It seemed to me like Brendan Frasier, at one time, had a pretty good career going. Then it seemed like it fell off a cliff. Why?

Lousy movie roles?
Not that good an actor?
Or some other reason?

I was most impressed with him in "School Ties".
Well, he started losing his looks early and maybe he didn't have the talent and/or connections to keep getting decent work.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:31 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
He had great momentum with The Mummy, which he followed up with Dudley Do Right. Bad career choices.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:46 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
I've read somewhere that his ex-wife took him to the cleaners and that was when he started taking crap roles, so he could keep up with child support payments. He also seems to have gotten the hair plugs to fend off the premature hair loss, which would inhibit his chances at the 'leading man' roles he was famous for.

I loved him in the Mummy movies and thought he was perfectly cast. Maybe he couldn't successfully break from that association?

Old 05-01-2017, 04:59 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I've read somewhere that his ex-wife took him to the cleaners and that was when he started taking crap roles, so he could keep up with child support payments. He also seems to have gotten the hair plugs to fend off the premature hair loss, which would inhibit his chances at the 'leading man' roles he was famous for.

I loved him in the Mummy movies and thought he was perfectly cast. Maybe he couldn't successfully break from that association?

Don't see why "hair plugs" or wearing a *rug* would have stopped BF from getting roles. Nearly every male actor in Hollywood over age 40 or so does one or the other. Tom Cruise most certainly wears a wig or something and yet he is one of the most bankable top rated film actors.

To name a few more Burt Reynolds and Robert Redford long have used "hair". Guys who don't wear wigs or get plugs simply have their heads like Vin Diesel or Dwayne Johnson.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:14 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Well, he started losing his looks early and maybe he didn't have the talent and/or connections to keep getting decent work.

It is not uncommon nor unheard of for actors to "peak" after a few short years in Hollywood. BF is not the first nor certainly will be the last actor who burst upon the scene, had a few good movie roles, then that was an end of things. Could say the same about Cuba Gooding, Jr. who won an Oscar and has done very little worth noting since IMHO.

Anyone who follows "Hollywood" knows or should know very well that after the old studio system died it left actors and actresses to pretty much fed for themselves. No longer under contract that at least paid them regardless, so studios put them in films (good, bad or whatever) to at least get something for their money, today it is all about roles, box office draw, and of course politics (studio, not government).

Ryan O'Neal by anyone's predictions should have had a huge career as a leading man in Hollywood, but it didn't turn out that way.

For the record plenty of people are asking WEHT BF, and or wanting him back in films.

MovieNews | Whatever Happened To... Brendan Fraser? - entertainment.ie

https://tribecafilm.com/stories/bren...e-mummy-scrubs

I Am Furious Brendan Fraser Isn’t in the New ‘Mummy’ Movie | | Observer

However when you look at the guy now, he seriously is *not* in any shape (IMHO) to carry a leading man role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKi0pJi0Wvs

All this being said BF is not exactly doing *NO* work. Like many actors from film he is working in television on shows like Texas Rising and The Affair.

Brendan Fraser - IMDb

Last edited by BugsyPal; 05-01-2017 at 06:42 PM..

Old 05-01-2017, 06:39 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
He appeared in the Affair as a creepy prison guard and was good n the role. Many actors have had stalled careers and later had a resurgence. Micheal Keaton and Mickey Rourke are good examples. We may see Brendan new active in the future.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:06 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flhuCZOAFv8

Old 05-01-2017, 10:28 PM

50,823 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Odd that you mention that. I just happened to watch the final mummy film he did, I liked the first one and have it on DVD. Sorta liked the second one. But, despite some great special effects, I thought almost everything about the third one sucked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities