Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 06:55 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Why is a baby made between an actor and a spice girl worth $51k a month, yet a baby made between white trash Bob and white trash Jane worth only $350 a month?

Some SJW worried about equality should investigate this! LOL!
I guess the baby is used to a lifestyle and you can't break that routine.

51K a month= 612k a year. I wonder how that is spent every month. Does Scary spice use that money on herself or are there strict protocols in which you need to itemized every cent spent on that 51K?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 08:22 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Why is a baby made between an actor and a spice girl worth $51k a month, yet a baby made between white trash Bob and white trash Jane worth only $350 a month?

Some SJW worried about equality should investigate this! LOL!

It isn't that the children are worth more.

In NY, for example, support is determined by a specific formula, as a percentage of both parents' income (or that of the sole wage-earner). I'm sure courts in other venues do the same, or a variation of it, which has nothing to do with the "worth" of the children.

As for Murphy, good for him lol. Better, that taypayers aren't footing the bill.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:23 AM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I guess the baby is used to a lifestyle and you can't break that routine.

51K a month= 612k a year. I wonder how that is spent every month. Does Scary spice use that money on herself or are there strict protocols in which you need to itemized every cent spent on that 51K?
Pretty sure much of that $$$ is spent by the vessel the baby departed out of, although I would hope it goes straight into a trust fund for the child. Got to make sure the child fits into the life of stardom once they become of age. There's a rep to uphold.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Pretty sure much of that $$$ is spent by the vessel the baby departed out of, although I would hope it goes straight into a trust fund for the child. Got to make sure the child fits into the life of stardom once they become of age. There's a rep to uphold.

Although support orders can be specific and tailored to the individuals, they often allow broad discretion by the custodial parent, within certain outlined requirements. And we're not talking about child actors here. If support payments go "directly into a trust fund," then the non-custodial parent can claim s/he's paying too much. The purpose of child support is to cover day-to-day expenditures, and not to accrue a bonanza to be handed over to a dependent child who reaches the age of majority.

Still, I think you're right about custodial parents having their hands in the pot. Consider A-Rod, who's been paying his ex $115K a month for 10 years to support his 2 daughters. He's petitioning to have that reduced (and his ex is resisting) for a couple of reasons, one being that he's making less money now.

The more interesting reason is that his unemployed ex has accrued millions of dollars, has multiple vehicles, and 3 homes. In addition, she has a third daughter by her current boyfriend, and A-Rod feels that he's bankrolling that kid. I think he has a point.

His ex, who has a master's degree in psychology, should get off her asinine and get a job. Since child support payments also cover "entertainment," it's conceivable that, for example, the mother would take A-Rod's daughters (and her boyfriend's) for a mani-pedi...and, yeah, she's going to get one, too. The "co-mingling" is hard to avoid--and track.

That's where petitioning the court for a reduction comes into play.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:07 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Although support orders can be specific and tailored to the individuals, they often allow broad discretion by the custodial parent, within certain outlined requirements. And we're not talking about child actors here. If support payments go "directly into a trust fund," then the non-custodial parent can claim s/he's paying too much. The purpose of child support is to cover day-to-day expenditures, and not to accrue a bonanza to be handed over to a dependent child who reaches the age of majority.

Still, I think you're right about custodial parents having their hands in the pot. Consider A-Rod, who's been paying his ex $115K a month for 10 years to support his 2 daughters. He's petitioning to have that reduced (and his ex is resisting) for a couple of reasons, one being that he's making less money now.

The more interesting reason is that his unemployed ex has accrued millions of dollars, has multiple vehicles, and 3 homes. In addition, she has a third daughter by her current boyfriend, and A-Rod feels that he's bankrolling that kid. I think he has a point.

His ex, who has a master's degree in psychology, should get off her asinine and get a job. Since child support payments also cover "entertainment," it's conceivable that, for example, the mother would take A-Rod's daughters (and her boyfriend's) for a mani-pedi...and, yeah, she's going to get one, too. The "co-mingling" is hard to avoid--and track.

That's where petitioning the court for a reduction comes into play.
Good lord. Arod has every right to have it reduce. That is an obscene amount to pay considering that sometimes those girls are with him and JLo.

Arod = $110K per month = $1.3 million a year = $23.7 million after 18 years.

Eddie = $51 K per month = $612K a year = $11 million after 18 years.

Holy hell! I hope those kids have a high ROI.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Good lord. Arod has every right to have it reduce. That is an obscene amount to pay considering that sometimes those girls are with him and JLo.

Arod = $110K per month = $1.3 million a year = $23.7 million after 18 years.

Eddie = $51 K per month = $612K a year = $11 million after 18 years.

Holy hell! I hope those kids have a high ROI.

That's an interesting, and good point. I have to say, A-Rod is certainly not an absentee father because I've seen more pics than I can count of him with his daughters, on Page Six every week lol.

A-Rod is offering $20K/month, though he thinks even that is excessive. His ex is holding out for $50K. Speaking of JLo, she's actually attended support mediations, and is reportedly supporting (or pushing lol) him in his effort to reduce the amount.

Though I generally wouldn't agree with her inserting herself into such affairs, I feel so sympathetic towards A-Rod (with respect to this issue) that I hope it works, because the support demands are outrageous.

As I said, his ex should get off her duff and stop sucking this guy dry. A child support order is not an SFL (Set For Life) order.

Old 12-11-2018, 03:25 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Aww, too bad the kid won't get to meet Uncle Charlie or Uncle Rick (James).

Enough money allows old guys to bang hot young child-bearing women, who then guarantee a huge slice of said money for the rest of their lives.

You mean, hot young child-bearing women to hook up with an old guy with money, to pop out his kids and be set for life. Happens all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities