Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 06:41 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I am surprised that no one mentioned the picture of her and her father. That really creeped me out-not exactly a normal father/daughter pose in my opinion. I really don't know what the purpose of having them in a pose like that was supposed to imply but it grossed me out!

Also now her and her father are acting like they were duped. I do not believe for one minute that they were duped-the knew exactly what they were doing-cmon.

Nicolem

Exactly. It's not the back one, it's the pop/daughter one. They absolutely knew what they were doing. Essentially they're pulling a media, "Oops...we didn't know". Of course they did. If she wants to keep her career going she's going to have to crack, if not shatter, that teeny bopper image.

You heard it here first: She's gonna be laid out in Playboy by the time she's 19 just to break the kiddie image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 06:42 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,543 times
Hi Nicole ltns! I didnt see the pictures with her and her Dad. But this girl has all these little girl fans and she has the nerve to pose like that? They predict she will be another Brittney as she gets older , if she keeps this up they will be porven correct. And for once gudio I agree with you totally.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:47 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
Hi Nicole ltns! I didnt see the pictures with her and her Dad. But this girl has all these little girl fans and she has the nerve to pose like that? They predict she will be another Brittney as she gets older , if she keeps this up they will be porven correct. And for once gudio I agree with you totally.
Here is a link to the picture with her dad. Personally, I do not think this is a pose for a father-daughter-it really creeps me out:

Miley Knows Best: Entertainment & Culture: vanityfair.com

Old 04-29-2008, 07:01 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
This is showing truly what an idiot Billy Ray Cyrus is ...

Annie Liebowitz is hands down the best photographer in the business. The picture is not creepy at all. It's not like they are looking longingly into each others eyes ... good grief! Here's what I don't get ... whenever I've gotten photographs taken, I get a contact sheet or proofs for MY approval and I'm assuming the same was done for little miss precious... if little miss was so creeped out, why did her Dad approve them for publication?

Idiocy ...

Old 04-29-2008, 08:11 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
I'm embarrassed for our country with the fuss over this picture. Frankly the pics that have been floating online of her making out with some boy and flashing bra provocatively at the camera are a lot more embarrassing than the vanity fair spread. There's nothing sexual at all about the vanity fair picture.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:13 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I am surprised that no one mentioned the picture of her and her father. That really creeped me out-not exactly a normal father/daughter pose in my opinion. I really don't know what the purpose of having them in a pose like that was supposed to imply but it grossed me out!

Also now her and her father are acting like they were duped. I do not believe for one minute that they were duped-the knew exactly what they were doing-cmon.

Nicolem
Agree that picture was way creepier than the pic of her wrapped in a blanket. Just because someone's wrapped in a blanket does not equal sex. lol.

Btw, some of the tops I've seen her wear on her day-to-day basis I would not consider appropriate for a girl her age if I were here dad. They were much worse than the sheet.

Last edited by NooYowkur81; 04-29-2008 at 08:33 AM..

Old 04-29-2008, 08:25 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,372,565 times
Good lord, folks. She's a teen female pop singer. She's in a career where sex appeal is essential to the game.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:03 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,008,315 times
It reminds me of Brooke Shields look in Pretty Baby. There was just no reason what so ever for her to do these shots.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:17 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,106,065 times
And if I hear her parents saying how "pure" she is and "how important it is for her to remain a virgin until she gets married", one more time, well I might just retch.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:41 AM

996 posts, read 3,279,220 times
While I think Miley and the photographer should have known better than to do these shots, my question is: Why would a parent allow their young children to read Vanity Fair magazine? Many of the outfits I have seen her pictured in at her concerts are much more provocative than the VF pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities