Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2020, 10:20 PM

20,620 posts, read 4,409,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Tommy ‘Tiny’ Lister, ‘Friday’ Actor and Wrestler, Dies at 62

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...021338362.html

Quote:
Tommy “Tiny” Lister, who appeared in “Friday” and “The Fifth Element” and was also a professional wrestler, died Thursday, his manager Cindy Cowan confirmed.

Cowan said he was found unresponsive in his apartment in Marina del Rey, Calif. after displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in recent days. He had been working on a film and had to cancel shooting after falling ill, Cowan said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Cvns53Tug

He was a great character actor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2020, 10:37 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,432,246 times
He was so good in "Friday", made himself look like a mean monster unlike he really looked.

Old 12-17-2020, 11:19 AM

8,302 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
He was so good in "Friday", made himself look like a mean monster unlike he really looked.
He was iconic in "Friday" but I also remember him from two smaller roles:
- As the President in The Fifth Element (I know it is a ridiculous role but made sense in that movie)
- As the the bad guy in No Hold Barred (A silly Hulk Hogan wrestling flick)

R.I.P.

Old 12-17-2020, 04:59 PM

38 posts, read 23,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
- As the President in The Fifth Element (I know it is a ridiculous role but made sense in that movie)

R.I.P.
I love 5th Element. He did great in that. RIP

Old 12-25-2020, 02:45 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:

R.I.P.
That whole movie was ridiculous !

Still one of my all time favorites though.

RIP Tiny

Old 12-29-2020, 08:45 PM

8,302 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
That whole movie was ridiculous !

Still one of my all time favorites though.

RIP Tiny
Tell me about it!
It was made by French Tim Burton after all! I love his movies (and French movies in general).
I loved the cast too, even Bruce's mom (voice only). I'd not surprised if it inspired the writers of The Bing Bang Theory in creating Howard's mom.
Great cast, unique characters, very entertaining, memorable movie. To me, that is what a movie should be.

Old 01-02-2021, 08:07 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
I remembered him first from No Holds Barred and his subsequent cameo in the WWF (befor it was the WWE) as Zeus, when he took on Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania. He was one of the scariest looking dudes ever. Sad to hear he passed. RIP

Old 02-03-2021, 05:55 AM

1,014 posts, read 479,003 times
So that's Tommy Lister. Armed and Dangerous. He was a security guard. I cannot remember Tommy Lister. Most of the wrestlers I came across in the 70s were from the west coast. Hawai'i and California. And WWF. But hardly remember Tommy. Now I know the guy. I watched this show a long time ago. John Candy, that's the fat guy. I'm always fascinated finding new faces in the movies. But when I saw these two characters, I knew they were something else and comical. A lawyer and a security guard. And I'm Harry Bosch in Michael Connelly's novel, Angel's Flight. He's a smart guy. Harry Bosch. Yes. I believe in the EEOC if you wanted to know.

Last edited by tyCable; 02-03-2021 at 06:05 AM..

Old 02-03-2021, 08:32 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Tell me about it!
It was made by French Tim Burton after all! I love his movies (and French movies in general).
I loved the cast too, even Bruce's mom (voice only). I'd not surprised if it inspired the writers of The Bing Bang Theory in creating Howard's mom.
Great cast, unique characters, very entertaining, memorable movie. To me, that is what a movie should be.
I don't think American Tim Burton had anything to do with The 5th Element.. Luc Besson (who is French) wrote & directed it. He also married Milla Jovovich, whom he met while filming.

Still, an absolute classic, none the less.

Seeing Deebo & Smokey back together in this film just a couple years after Friday was a real treat.

~

It's said this is the last video he made before his passing:

Deebo (Tommy "Tiny" Lister Jr.) Final Words Before Death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYqQYqJdhYE

"...Keep your focus on Jesus Christ. Romans 8:28 all day, work together for the love of the Lord..."

Amen to that. R.I.P.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities