Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 07:22 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Anyone saying it WAS caused by something doesn't know what they're talking about. Even the doctors don't know at present where it started. Everything is a guess unless an autopsy is done, which I don't know if that will happen or not. And even then.. Sometimes.. There's just no answers.

But.. Lung Cancer strikes people not exposed to smoke as well. We're conditioned to believe smoking is the cause for lung cancer and in most cases, it is. But.. You have people like Andy Kaufmann and others who never smoked in their life, never were around smokers who die from it. Asbestos is a very specific thing.. It causes Mesothelioma which is unmistakable. So.. that is 100% out. numbers are actually higher than I expected.. 10-15% of lung cancers are in people who never smoked. Now, you can't draw too much further than that because data on those people who lived with someone who smoked, or lived in a poor air quality area just isn't available.. But.. This is mostly irrelevant. The cancer did not start in his lungs. That is something that is known.

The most surprising part to me is the speed. 3 weeks is pretty astounding. We also don't know, at least I haven't heard.. many times, cancer doesn't kill someone suffering from cancer.. Side effects from treatment does.

I know people who never smoked, like Dustin get lung cancer too. Various things cause lung cancer. HPV which is an STD (sexually transmitted disease) causes lung cancer too. Had my hubs tonsil cancer come back, it would have either been in his lungs or brain next. I've done a little research on it years ago due to my hub plus I have a few spots in my lungs that the pulmonologist is watching. I've gotten the HPV that caused my hubs cancer, so if the spots do turn into lung cancer, they'll most likely be from HPV.

Do you have a link to an article that has better information then the ones I linked to in this thread? I'd love to read it because the articles I've seen and posted here said lung cancer. As I said, I'm linking what I'm reading, you're telling me I'm wrong but you're not providing links to back it up.

I agree that it took him very fast. I didn't watch the show he was on and really don't know much about him but I'm curious what kind of cancer he had and where it did start since it took him so fast. My mother in law passed away 2 years ago from breast cancer that went to her lungs. We knew it was in her lungs in October, by November it had spread to other organs. They could see it spread because her body would turn a reddish black and blue from what my hub told me. She passed the end of January, so that's 3 months.

As for you not thinking asbestos caused his cancer because it causes Mesothelioma, what I read and posted, said asbestos can be a contributing factor. I'm re-posting the link below.

I think it was the 1st article I posted that quoted Dustin or his rep as saying they thought bars and seedy motels that are probably high in asbestos and radon contributed in their opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

.... Small-Cell Lung Cancer Web MD

Quote:
Small-Cell Lung Cancer Causes

The predominant cause of both small-cell lung cancer and non-small-cell lung cancer is tobacco smoking. However, small-cell lung cancer is more strongly linked to smoking than non-small cell lung cancer.
Even secondhand tobacco smoke is a risk factor for lung cancer. Those living with a smoker have about a 30% increase in the risk of developing non-small cell lung cancer and 60% increase risk for small cell lung cancer compared to people who are not exposed to secondhand smoke.
All types of lung cancer occur with increased frequency in people who mine uranium, but small-cell lung cancer is most common. The prevalence is increased further in uranium miner who smoke.
Exposure to radon (an inert gas that develops from the decay of uranium) has been reported to cause small-cell lung cancer.
Exposure to asbestos greatly increases the risk of lung cancer. A combination of asbestos exposure and cigarette smoking increases the risk even further
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 01:31 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Most of them that i've seen have said it.. Either that or just left it as a vague "Small Cell Carcinoma"

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...t-actors-death

"Just before Thanksgiving in 2020, Diamond called Block and revealed that he'd found a lump on his neck. When he got the lump biopsied, they found he had cancer in his spine that had spread to other parts of his body."

that one seems to indicate it started in the spine.

https://people.com/tv/dustin-diamond...-when-he-died/

That one, states that small cells are normally, but not always in the lungs

And the TMZ article about it starting in an unknown location and spreading to the lungs

https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/01/dusti...ancer-screech/

Old 02-07-2021, 05:26 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Most of them that i've seen have said it.. Either that or just left it as a vague "Small Cell Carcinoma"

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...t-actors-death

"Just before Thanksgiving in 2020, Diamond called Block and revealed that he'd found a lump on his neck. When he got the lump biopsied, they found he had cancer in his spine that had spread to other parts of his body."

that one seems to indicate it started in the spine.

https://people.com/tv/dustin-diamond...-when-he-died/

That one, states that small cells are normally, but not always in the lungs

And the TMZ article about it starting in an unknown location and spreading to the lungs

https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/01/dusti...ancer-screech/

Thanks so much for the articles. I'll copy the articles for others interested in seeing it.

That's the 1st time I've seen it detailed that he originally found the lump in his neck. It sounds like they gave him a PET scan which showed it spread to his spine and lungs.

Dustin Diamond's girlfriend speaks out following actor's death: 'I'm heartbroken'

Quote:
Just before Thanksgiving in 2020, Diamond called Block and revealed that he'd found a lump on his neck. When he got the lump biopsied, they found he had cancer in his spine that had spread to other parts of his body.

Dustin Diamond's Girlfriend Tash Jules Was by His Side When the Actor Died

Quote:
Paul says that Diamond had been "feeling out of sorts and he'd had a lump on his neck that he was ignoring" before he was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell carcinoma, a cancer that commonly occurs in lungs, but can also manifest in the prostate or gastrointestinal tract.

Diamond was diagnosed with the "brutal, relentless form of malignant cancer only three weeks ago," his rep told PEOPLE earlier on Monday.

"In that time, it managed to spread rapidly throughout his system; the only mercy it exhibited was its sharp and swift execution," his rep said. "Dustin did not suffer. He did not have to lie submerged in pain. For that, we are grateful."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities