Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 05:13 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,670,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Important to what?

It was a single vehicle accident. No property was damaged other than his own. If his insurance wants to raise a stink and not pay out.. He's got PLENTY of money to replace it on his own.

I'd say.. This, from any standpoint other than looky-loo curiosity (I admit, i'm curious, too) is over.

Cops aren't interested, so.. Who is left to be interested?

Not interested not important to society. But, thanks for asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 07:44 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Auto insurance policies have limited payouts, which obviously is a problem in a major accident like this. The company will want to know who or what is at fault (and probably use the TMZ info). At that point, it likely will become a problem for some entity. If it's Tiger, the media will care and then some of the public will be interested. Tiger himself might sue over lost earnings if speed wasn't the main factor, and that definitely would get attention. See below.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ed/6832154002/

Last edited by goodheathen; 02-26-2021 at 08:02 PM..

Old 03-03-2021, 04:10 PM

Now the TMZ report is becoming relevant because there's a warrant for info from vehicle's black box to see if Tiger was driving recklessly by criminal standards. Apparently that can be as little as 15 MPH over the speed limit on a county road in California. Going downhill there, it's very possible - and flimsy. Less flimsy considering the parking lot story.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:36 PM

10,104 posts, read 14,972,719 times
I think this is obvious, but what is meant by speeding?

Most people speed everytime they go behind the wheel if they go above the posted speed limit. You know, speed limit is 35 mph (56 kph for the rest of the world) and whenever the speedometer marks 36 or higher, guess what? Unless you are using speed control, which is possible on long stretches such as a highway, you are bound to go above even if you go at or below when you see where the speedometer is pointing.

Some trucks have an alarm that goes off everytime its going above the speed limit. At a certain level it must be annoying.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:24 PM

I don't think anyone is pulled over or cited for speeding alone unless going at least 5 MPH too fast. Nobody has said Tiger was driving north extremely fast, nor has anyone said the police has been called about an extreme speeder (let's say 20 MPH+ too fast, which is my personal judgment). We'll just have to wait to learn whether he was going 15-20 MPH over the speed limit and on the lower end, probably the longer he will have to driven at that speed for it to be called criminal.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:26 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,521,105 times
I think Tiger can afford his medical care with or without insurance!

If it's determined that there was no mechanical defect, the winner here will be Genesis for it's safety design!

Old 03-04-2021, 10:58 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,052,447 times
Is life had imitated art again? Looks like South Park predicted Tiger' accident well before The Simpsons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91SHB4ZlhHw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities