Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 09:10 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Richard Simmons is activating on Facebook, posting daily. I have always been a Fan, not because of being overweight. He teaches the correct way to eat regardless of the numbers on the scale. You don't need to spend a whole lot of money on fancy exercise equipment. All you need is some tunes and instructions.

Does it actually seem to be him or.. his people?

TBH.. I don't particularly think he has 'people' anymore, based on a few of the things he's said.. I think he mentioned he doesn't have a manager anymore. Without that, you wouldn't think he'd have a social media person, nor would he particularly need one.. Though, I do think i've heard that his social media pages have been posting 'archival' content all throughout his time away.. So.. Maybe he does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2024, 05:42 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Does it actually seem to be him or.. his people?

TBH.. I don't particularly think he has 'people' anymore, based on a few of the things he's said.. I think he mentioned he doesn't have a manager anymore. Without that, you wouldn't think he'd have a social media person, nor would he particularly need one.. Though, I do think i've heard that his social media pages have been posting 'archival' content all throughout his time away.. So.. Maybe he does.
Honestly, I do not know.

Years ago, around the time he dropped out his housekeeper left a few short messages for his Fans. The messages were short, simple, and direct. All that was said is Richard is fine, just needing a break. He loves all his Fans and he will return when he can. I was happy with this, I didn't question it.

IMO: The BIG deal about Managers = to represent the Star, the Manager has to really, really dig - LOVE the Artist/Star/Actor/Singer/etc. to want the Star to be successful, and nothing for himself. The Manager's rewards come later and not before. The Manager has to want all goodness, if not, it goes opposite to selfishness, greed, money, money, and more money for all to himself.

On his FB page, his daily writings carry his tone. I believe Richard is staying in touch by voice, and maybe an assist is helping him. He just turned 75 years old.

The Sun article on Richard Simmons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities