Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 12:25 AM

31,897 posts, read 26,938,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
...and won't be the one stuck raising this kid once he bites it.

And, good job, dude. Way to just about guarantee your kid will lose a parent at a young age*, and/or have a sick parent for much of its life.

*But people who don't want kids are the "selfish" ones...
Why take it out on RD? Tons of men including not a small number of gays are becoming fathers at 50 or even 60 and above.

Straight guys perhaps can say their wife or gf "miscalculated", but gays and some single straight men are hiring surrogates. Anderson Cooper comes to mind; had both of his kids when he was past 50.

OTOH do understand what you're saying. It does seem selfish to bring a child into this world when parent knows full well statistically there are more days behind them than in front.

Many of these parents will be lucky if they are around when their kids graduate high school much less college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2024, 05:15 AM

2,045 posts, read 783,243 times
I'll always enjoy some of his work, but he sounds like a doofus off-screen. I can separate the two.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:12 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,141,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Imo, Grandpa Bob looks great for his age!

And that is where the compliments end....baby is goofy looking and I realized why once I looked up the new baby mama....yikes.
I thought the baby looked cute. (Shrugging shoulders.)

Old 01-29-2024, 08:54 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Ewww, but since he's worth over $500 million I suppose his kid won't be hurting financially if he croaks soon.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/25/entert...ampaign=nypost
ehhh the guy is an actor.

Money doesn't always work out good for heirs, Marlon Brando's kids were train wrecks.
Deniro recently had a grandson OD

Old 01-29-2024, 09:10 AM

I remember, a few years ago, De Niro was kind of hurting for money. (It's probably a relative thing) but I remember reading how his restaurant was struggling and his wife/ex wife was wanting big bucks for alimony.

He was using the "Poor me" card, saying how sad it was that he was an old man who still had to work to support himself.

Me personally, I think he's a good actor, but maybe not necessarily a good man. He's not someone I admire.

Old 01-29-2024, 10:29 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,289,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I remember, a few years ago, De Niro was kind of hurting for money. (It's probably a relative thing) but I remember reading how his restaurant was struggling and his wife/ex wife was wanting big bucks for alimony.

He was using the "Poor me" card, saying how sad it was that he was an old man who still had to work to support himself.

Me personally, I think he's a good actor, but maybe not necessarily a good man. He's not someone I admire.
De Niro is not alone among celebrities in terms of having kids out of wedlock with multiple women. Its not something to be celebrated, but Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson, Mick Jagger, and a host of professional sports players have done the same thing. Some days, I'm grateful I don't have that kind of money. If this is the sort of the thing it leads too, I am happy to do without it.

Old 01-29-2024, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
De Niro is not alone among celebrities in terms of having kids out of wedlock with multiple women. Its not something to be celebrated, but Clint Eastwood, Mick Jagger, and a host of professional sports players have done the same thing. Some days, I'm grateful I don't have that kind of money. If this is the sort of the thing it leads too, I am happy to do without it.
I've never heard the others you mentioned crying 'poor'. That was my rub.

Old 01-29-2024, 10:48 AM

6,146 posts, read 4,504,012 times
Having kids at 50 and at 80 is two different things. Robert DeNiro has nothing to cry about; it's his baby who's going to be crying growing up without a daddy and it's a dead cert that's how it's going to be. At 50, you have an expectation to live long enough to see your child graduate school and become some kind of functioning adult. And if you think a pile of money will replace a father to a young child, talk to some people who've lost a parent early in life. It's selfish BS is what it is, and RD should be old enough to know better.

Old 01-29-2024, 12:55 PM

No one knows how much time they have left on this earth, so I don't begrudge people having babies based on THAT criteria.

Policemen and fire fighters have lead dangerous lives, and yet they marry and have babies. Soldiers get married and have babies.

I'd rather see De Niro have a baby than a meth addict...and yet, meth addicts, gang bangers, drug runners, etc., seemingly have babies left and right, with no means to provide for them.

This child will be well provided for. I don't begrudge him the baby (who apparently gives him joy) in his old age.

Old 01-29-2024, 07:30 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,938,579 times
Latin lover that he is, De Niro has had a more wives and girlfriends than Carter's has liver pills. Over course of those relationships he has sired several children and or adopted those of a wife from a previous relationship.

https://people.com/robert-de-niro-co...istory-7510391

One must assume by now De Niro knows what to do if he didn't want any more children, but obviously that wasn't the case and no sooner than he took up with Ms. Chen he became a father yet *again*.

Anyone who lives until they are 80 is incredibly blessed. Mr. De Niro think may live until he is nearly 100, (that would make his young daughter 20), but not outside of an institution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities