Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:50 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,117 times

Advertisements

I love Paul Newman's food products (Newman's Own) and was wondering if anyone knows how his business will proceed now that he is gone. I will surely miss his salad dressing, popcorn, and cookies. He also has great pasta sauce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 01:12 AM

956 posts, read 3,001,911 times
Food Products? I thought he was just a race car driver.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:50 AM

23,460 posts, read 44,068,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I love Paul Newman's food products (Newman's Own) and was wondering if anyone knows how his business will proceed now that he is gone. I will surely miss his salad dressing, popcorn, and cookies. He also has great pasta sauce.
I believe that his daughter has been running the company for a few years. I'd bet that sales are on fire right now, and the business won't be going anywhere.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:39 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I believe that his daughter has been running the company for a few years. I'd bet that sales are on fire right now, and the business won't be going anywhere.

Sales are definately on fire right now. My local Sweetbay, who carries all of the products including organic, was down to next to nothing last time I was in. Usually I can stock up on the organic popcorn, Fig Newmans, etc. The only thing I was able to get this time were the ginger cookies. I think the company will survive and hopefully thrive. Not only because of all the wonderful things Paul & Joanne have done but because the products themselves are so awesome.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Food Products? I thought he was just a race car driver.
NO! He has awesome food. Don't you see it in the grocery store? What do you eat?! He has Newmans own cookies, pasta sauce, popcorn, salad dressing, marinades and even candy.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Sales are definately on fire right now. My local Sweetbay, who carries all of the products including organic, was down to next to nothing last time I was in. Usually I can stock up on the organic popcorn, Fig Newmans, etc. The only thing I was able to get this time were the ginger cookies. I think the company will survive and hopefully thrive. Not only because of all the wonderful things Paul & Joanne have done but because the products themselves are so awesome.
Thanks! I got my stuff at Publix.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:08 PM

702 posts, read 2,295,385 times
Owned by Nestle for quite some time. Stopped buying it when I found out.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:49 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times
This is what I found online about it:

In 1982, Newman and writer A.E. Hotchner started Newman’s Own to market Newman’s original oil-and-vinegar dressing. It began as a joke and grew into a multimillion-dollar business.
Newman and his food company have given more than $250 million to charity over the years. Last year, $28 million from the sale of pasta sauces, salad dressings, popcorn and other products was distributed to a variety of social causes, including the Safe Water Network, which Newman helped start to provide safe drinking water to impoverished communities in places like India and Africa.
Until two years ago, Newman had the task of personally distributing the company’s profits. But he and Forrester set up a private, independent foundation, known as Newman’s Own Foundation, to carry on the work without Newman.
“Really, everything is in great shape,” Forrester said of the foundation and the company after Newman’s death.
“He said, ‘When I’m not here, this foundation is to continue the tradition of giving all of this money away,’” Forrester said.
Celebrity Mound » Paul Newman
-----------------------------------------------------------
Wow, I didn't know all that. What a great guy!

Old 10-10-2008, 10:09 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,617,107 times
He makes organic doggy treats that my dogs LOVE. They're peanut butter, and my SO ate one and said they're not bad

Old 10-10-2008, 06:03 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,015,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post
Owned by Nestle for quite some time. Stopped buying it when I found out.
I can't find anything that says Nestle owns Newman's Own.
Do you have a link with some facts?
I like many of the salad dressings, but especially appreciate the olive oil, it's from Tunisia and is organic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities