Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 05:07 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,444,847 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen the "Wrester"?

People on Netflix are raving about it....

I watched the trailer. With all that plastic surgery, Mickey Rourke looks a bit like William Shatner. What do others think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 05:28 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,690,410 times
Sorry Woof, but I don't see the resemblance between Mickey and Shatner. Definitely will go to see his movie when it comes my way and hubby said he will come too which is a big surprise because he usually does not like to go to the movies.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:59 PM

I found this great article about Mikey Rourke in the Guardian. It's a good read for anyone who is interested!

Interview: Mickey Rourke | Film | The Observer

Old 01-15-2009, 09:11 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,690,410 times
Your right Woof, great read but I am surprise there is no mention of his performance in The Pope Of Greenwich Village.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:20 AM

635 posts, read 1,686,363 times
Saw him last night on Jimmy Kimmel, wow. Think he's got extensions-gone-bad or 'something' his hair was giving me the shivers. He did do a lot better in his interview than he has in the past. They showed clips from his new film, the 'roided body and the crazy face, it was definitely wrestling ... poor guy.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Your right Woof, great read but I am surprise there is no mention of his performance in The Pope Of Greenwich Village.

I think the article was more about his life rather than the particular movies he made, but you are right.... Pope was a good one. I just rented it again on Netflix....

Old 01-15-2009, 06:26 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,406 times
SEXY

Old 01-19-2009, 07:30 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,214,075 times
I watched him on Letterman or Leno a week or so ago and he seemed somewhat subdued but happy about the success of the wrestler. Mentioned daily therapy for years but wasnt self-pitying or maudlin.
Then I watched him on Graham Norton last night. He still seemed pretty nice and all and there was sort of a special if slightly awkward moment when he thanked Graham for making his talk show fun and easy vs. the other appearances he he had to do but found stressful. But there were bits of weirdness poking through and I'm not sure what to think. He told Graham he had a gift for him and for Jessica Biehl and told Graham he had to wear his for 5 minutes. They were pink fuzzy (erotic) handcuffs. ???? He never gave Jessica her gift, I can only imagine that the producers were off camera wildly shaking their heads no. He did sort of hit on her several times causing Graham to make a joke of it while sort of letting Jessica know that he would try to keep things toned down. But then he hit on the singer too but she stuck up for herself. All in all its hard to tell what's going on with him. I wonder how Tomai felt working with him and how that went?
I think roles like the Wrestler are sort of a one time deal and I'm not sure what with his face and rep what else he can do. For him, trying to find a career vs. a series of one hits followed by total career trenches will be a challenge. Will he once again get sucked in by the big success and go into an emotional tailspin when its not sustained? Hopefully he can find some middle ground and do a variety of smaller parts, animation voices and have a career vs. being sucked into the highs and lows of big success followed by big failure.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:05 AM

Gielsela,

Interesting observation. I don't know what to think either. On one hand, I read this articles about him where people say he is so raw and vulnerable. But then you see his really strange behavior on TV. He doesn't seem to know how to behave in social situations. I honestly don't think Hollywood is the best thing for him, unless he is surrounded by people who really care about him and watch over him. But otherwise, I think it's going to prove to stressful for him. It's a shame because he obviously has a lot of talent, but Hollywood is not good for the faint of heart.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:18 AM

By the way, does he still smoke a lot of cigarettes? He doesn't really look that healthy and his voice is raspy.

It's such a shame. He is such a great actor and I like so much about him. He was so beautiful as a young man. It is terrible to see all that gone to waste! But I see it a lot as I mature....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities