Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 05:57 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,964 times

Advertisements

I was wondering and I know they are still coming to terms with the lost of their son. But it has been a few months now has anyone seen any sight of them. I wonder if they have been back to work or at least put and about. I have seen no coverage of them at all. We all have experienced death of a loved one but most of us have to go back to work and go on. I'm not sure that closing yourself up helps. Although I 'm not wanted by the media either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 12:21 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
no, I haven't heard anything or read anything. Other than the crap those fools tried to pull with the pictures of Jett and tried to extort $$$$$!!!!!!! Shocking!
They will probably be out and about soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I was wondering and I know they are still coming to terms with the lost of their son. But it has been a few months now has anyone seen any sight of them. I wonder if they have been back to work or at least put and about. I have seen no coverage of them at all. We all have experienced death of a loved one but most of us have to go back to work and go on. I'm not sure that closing yourself up helps. Although I 'm not wanted by the media either.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:38 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Johns site - click on latest news. You'll see they are active with the Jett Travolta foundation

Old 03-27-2009, 11:55 AM

127 posts, read 500,190 times
How does one recover from that? Surely not in a matter of months. I hope God comforts them.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:04 PM

I do wonder if the tragedy has given them pause at all in regards to Scientology. If one follows Scientology devoutly, their opinion is that one is to not grieve nor cry over anyone deceased
I find that disturbing.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:07 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I do wonder if the tragedy has given them pause at all in regards to Scientology. If one follows Scientology devoutly, their opinion is that one is to not grieve nor cry over anyone deceased
I find that disturbing.
Should Christians cry and carry on when a loved one passes? Afterall, theoretically they "have gone to a better place."

Old 03-27-2009, 12:08 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,120 times
Should is a judgment. Will people cry and carry on? Sure, they miss their son.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:36 PM

oh I quite agree with you. Just sayin.....I've been reading up on this cult they call Scientology and it clearly states that the cult members are not to grieve or act despondent over someone dying.Like ok-they died-now move on. I think they are all a bunch of fruitcakes. But the true followers believe all the crap that is droned into their heads and seem to follow what that wacked out leader tells em to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Should Christians cry and carry on when a loved one passes? Afterall, theoretically they "have gone to a better place."

Old 04-01-2009, 01:33 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I find that disturbing.
I am sure the Travolta family are crying and grieving just like anybody else would. This was their child. You can't NOT cry over the loss of your child - I don't care what your belief system is.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:47 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
I dont think that you ever truly recover from your childs death and i pray everyday for kelly and john that they get the peace and guidance that they need to make it through the day . I felt so bad for them losing a precious child . You never recover from that . I know I saw my father hurt every day for his loss of his second son he was hit by a car and killed when he was 7 yrs old . I wish them well I really do .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities