Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:40 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times

Advertisements

I really have to give it to Ryan. Not many men in Hollywood would have did what you did. You loved and stood by her until her last breath in city where people are in love today and gone tomorrow. A city where most men would have said "you are too old and too sick and I am leaving for a younger doll". You sir, are a class act and one hell of a good man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 05:43 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,160,787 times
I agree. Neither of them were perfect. Their relationship was up and down but when it mattered-he stuck! Some men wouldn't have. he saw the good,bad and very ugly things a disease can do to someone and he stuck by her side.
I think he truly,truly loved her.

I hope their son mans up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I really have to give it to Ryan. Not many men in Hollywood would have did what you did. You loved and stood by her until her last breath in city where people are in love today and gone tomorrow. A city where most men would have said "you are too old and too sick and I am leaving for a younger doll". You sir, are a class act and one hell of a good man!

Old 06-25-2009, 05:44 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,016,545 times
I couldn't agree more - nice to see real love.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:53 PM

897 posts, read 2,824,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Reps to you! I could actually feel my heart go heavy ,got a huge lump and my throat, and cried when I saw the clip of him leaving the hospital ... she's gone

Old 06-25-2009, 06:03 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Real love? See, what I get from this is a man who sees a meal ticket and positive publicity. Ryan O'Neal beat Farrah and he beat Tatum. He is a disgusting man and I would not put it past him to milk Farrahs death for every cent.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:05 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,016,545 times

Old 06-25-2009, 06:14 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,932,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Real love? See, what I get from this is a man who sees a meal ticket and positive publicity. Ryan O'Neal beat Farrah and he beat Tatum. He is a disgusting man and I would not put it past him to milk Farrahs death for every cent.

Wow... and you have proof of this? You were there to witness this? Or did you just spend your money on Tatum's book and read it... so you're "in the know" now! Children with an axe to grind, writing "tell all books" is a dangerous thing to believe in. Imagine what your kids would write about you, if in the pissy mood to do so.

And Ryan O'Neal doesn't need a meal ticket from Farah. He works and makes his own money. It apears you don't know the correct definition when someone is referred to as a "meal ticket", 'cuz you're waaaaay off.

But nice attempt at slamming someone who just lost their loved one. Why you'd feel the need to do that is beyond anything I ever want to comprehend.

Have fun with that.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:21 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,994 times
^ You disagree with camping's opinion, but no one other than Ryan knows the real reason. He may have loved her yet stayed with her to the end since he knew it was on the horizon. That would do wonders for his career. He can get interviews, articles, even a book deal out of it. I don't think any of us on here know the real deal. You can't tell what someone's alterior motive is just because they are seen with a sad face.

I hope he stuck with her for the right reason.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:26 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,377,476 times
I would've had more respect for O'Neal if he had been so loyal to her BEFORE she got sick, when he could've contributed to and enhanced her life. She certainly deserved that and probably suffered because she didn't have it. But he was not that type of man. I frankly find his sudden interest in Farrah during her very public demise, OPPORTUNISTIC.

He stuck close to her while she was dying and I can't imagine how Farrah felt, given that O'Neal was going against his true character out of pity and possibly self-preservation. No, I'm not impressed with O'Neal and he doesn't deserve to be placed in a good light IMO.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:34 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Wow... and you have proof of this? You were there to witness this? Or did you just spend your money on Tatum's book and read it... so you're "in the know" now! Children with an axe to grind, writing "tell all books" is a dangerous thing to believe in. Imagine what your kids would write about you, if in the pissy mood to do so.

And Ryan O'Neal doesn't need a meal ticket from Farah. He works and makes his own money. It apears you don't know the correct definition when someone is referred to as a "meal ticket", 'cuz you're waaaaay off.

But nice attempt at slamming someone who just lost their loved one. Why you'd feel the need to do that is beyond anything I ever want to comprehend.

Have fun with that.
So how do you know he didn't? Were you there? Are you 'in the know'?

Look, I'm sorry to burst your romantic bubble that Ryan O'Neal is not Oliver from Love Story. He is an incredibly talented actor with a very publicized temper and drug problems.

And I really don't care about 'slamming' someone who lost a loved one. Personally, I think behavior prior to death is more important then the pretended mourning afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities