Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 11:00 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times

Advertisements

Ed Harris - his chiseled cheekbones used to be quite sexy to me.
Alan Autry - used to play Bubba on the old In the Heat of the Night Series
I think Bruce Willis has a lot of sex appeal as he gets older but I never found him particularly attractive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 11:48 AM

19 posts, read 18,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I currently have a thing for funny guy Seth Rogen. He's just so funny, it makes him kinda hot.

I also used to have a thing for Jack Black.
Gah! Not Jack Black! I get Seth Rogan though, I like him too. Have you seen Pineapple Express? Classic!

Old 03-11-2014, 02:07 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
My wife thinks Adrien Brody is attractive and appealing. This is not the norm for her---as she usually goes for the pretty boys (like pickle).

Old 03-11-2014, 02:32 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
I'm not the type of person to watch wrasssslin', but for a while I had a huge crush on The Rock. My friends even bought me a blanket with him on it and a big doll that punched when you squeezed its sides.

Every once in a while they'll bust me about it. I don't find him hot in the least now, especially after I learned more about his politics.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:27 PM

8,321 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
My wife thinks Adrien Brody is attractive and appealing. This is not the norm for her---as she usually goes for the pretty boys (like pickle).
Since I am a little backwards, I typically read the post first, then, if curious, I look at the poster's name.
So, when I read your post, I was like "Who the heck is pickle? If that his last name, what is his first name?"

Then I looked up and saw the name ......durrrr!

Old 03-11-2014, 04:50 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,230,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Ed Harris - his chiseled cheekbones used to be quite sexy to me.
Alan Autry - used to play Bubba on the old In the Heat of the Night Series
I think Bruce Willis has a lot of sex appeal as he gets older but I never found him particularly attractive
I'm not embarrassed to say that I've thought Ed Harris was *sigh*able since I first saw him in "Knightriders" as the King Arthurish leader of a motorcycle gang traveling the country performing mini-faire events, including jousting on bikes. I particularly love him as "Mr. Clean Marine" John Glenn in "The Right Stuff". I worked with a man very reminiscent of him~a glasses-wearing, book-reading married guy; it turned out, when I was talking to some other women, that we didn't find the gorgeous guy in the office that appealing but confessed to thinking this smaller man, who is balding, is THE sexiest guy we worked with. Imagine the giggling when he walked in to ask a question of one of the CSRs! He's funny and quick-witted and has a wry sense of humor. He also was a handyman, constructing his house. Yet, his wife completely ignored him and didn't want to listen when he talked about books though the family would buy them for him. He and Ed Harris have the same sort of aura.
Here's the movie that made me an Ed Harris fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIEnT-vnf9U
Makeup artist-turned-actor Tom Savini does a great job, and Stephen King has a bit part.

I have a penpal in Canada who is CRAZY about Alan Autry~but only when he's Bubba! We teasingly call her "Mrs. Bubba".

I think Bruce Willis is a very sexy guy with a great voice and delivery and a very expressive face. He seems to have a sense of humor about himself, which is a quality Mel Gibson has. Actually, he often reminds me of Humphrey Bogart for some reason, years back especially. THIS is pretty sexy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXvki5MKPAI

I can't think of anyone I've ever been embarrassed to admit I found attractive. In the early Seventies, I had crushes on Leonard Whiting, George C. Scott, Kristoffer Tabori, Peter O'Toole, Michael Sarrazin, and Shashi Kapoor. I have always had a wide array of males I find attractive, some of them not traditionally handsome. Sadly, nowadays it's slim pickings to me; too often, they're cookie-cutter guys~too glossy, overly muscled, just not at all attractive to me, with poor speech and just plain lousy acting. Some I can't even stand to watch their movies (Matt Damon, Will Smith, Kevin Spacey, Christian Bale, Daniel Craig, Tom Hanks, and many more, particularly ones that seem to be "heartthrobs". Uck!).

Old 03-11-2014, 05:51 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,274,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystMoonstruck View Post
. I can't think of anyone I've ever been embarrassed to admit I found attractive. In the early Seventies, I had crushes on Leonard Whiting, George C. Scott, Kristoffer Tabori, Peter O'Toole, Michael Sarrazin, and Shashi Kapoor. I have always had a wide array of males I find attractive, some of them not traditionally handsome. Sadly, nowadays it's slim pickings to me; too often, they're cookie-cutter guys~too glossy, overly muscled, just not at all attractive to me, with poor speech and just plain lousy acting. Some I can't even stand to watch their movies (Matt Damon, Will Smith, Kevin Spacey, Christian Bale, Daniel Craig, Tom Hanks, and many more, particularly ones that seem to be "heartthrobs". Uck!).
Oh my....I had the worst crush on George C. Scott when I was a young girl. Also less heart throbby actors such as Vincent Price, Howard Caine (Hogan's Heros), Ricardo Montablan, and Gavin MacLeod from The Love Boat. Perhaps I'm a bit embarrassed about the Love Boat crush, lol but what the heck! Vincent Price was only second to George C Scott. Don't know but some of these old time actors had a presence to them that is hard to describe. Vincent Price was an incredibly cultured man who wrote gourmet cookbooks.

I've never found conventionally handsome men much to my taste although I wouldn't kick Collin Firth out of bed for eating crackers.... Most of the Hollywood types I find rather bland quite frankly. Big arms, six pack abs, perfect faces....nice eye candy but they don't do it for me.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,027,603 times
I just watched the original Upstairs Downstairs and found Meg Wynn Owen eminently bangable. (back in the 70's of course). Good actress too. I'm probably alone in the universe on that one.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:56 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,230,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy20 View Post
Oh my....I had the worst crush on George C. Scott when I was a young girl. Also less heart throbby actors such as Vincent Price, Howard Caine (Hogan's Heros), Ricardo Montablan, and Gavin MacLeod from The Love Boat. Perhaps I'm a bit embarrassed about the Love Boat crush, lol but what the heck! Vincent Price was only second to George C Scott. Don't know but some of these old time actors had a presence to them that is hard to describe. Vincent Price was an incredibly cultured man who wrote gourmet cookbooks.

I've never found conventionally handsome men much to my taste although I wouldn't kick Collin Firth out of bed for eating crackers.... Most of the Hollywood types I find rather bland quite frankly. Big arms, six pack abs, perfect faces....nice eye candy but they don't do it for me.

I completely agree with Vincent Price! Ever since I was a little girl, I thought he was so tall, dark (sort of) and handsome! With the silver hair in "The House of Usher", he looks extraordinary! How lucky was I to be in theaters in the Sixties seeing him in those AIP films! I'm certain that my sister was as much a fan. For a long time, we liked the same men: Robert Vaughn, David McCallum, Robert Conrad, Ross Martin, Rod Serling (starting in the Fifties), Peter Deuel, and so many more.

Heck, I had such a crush on Jacques Cousteau and Chief Dan George that Mom said she wondered which one was going to be her son-in-law! *snicker*snort*

After I saw George C. Scott in "Patton", I was blown away! That was rather strange because of the Hawk/Dove thing then. However, his charisma was overwhelming, and he went on to do "The Hospital" and "Rage", which he also directed. Not long after, he ended up with Trish Van Devere, who was far younger and had long, auburn hair~like me! Of course, I concede that I wasn't that level of looks and definitely never have had anything like her distinctive voice. Still... It was so neat when they did films together. BTW: His first wife, Colleen Dewhurst, was a redhead, too!

I forgot to mention another crush: Tom Baker. Our PBS station in the mid-Seventies was showing "Doctor Who", starting with a bit of William Hartnell then progressing through to the first part of Peter Davison's stint. Well, I knew Tom Baker from films, but this was being inundated with him: seven years of episodes watched five days a week. Then, I heard that he was going to be in St. Louis, only about 90 minutes away! I called Henry VIII Inn & Lodge and got the LAST available room! I had very little money, enough for the room; I brought food from home though I knew that I generally didn't feel much like eating, especially during a convention. I never imagined I would be standing there, talking to him and~I still can't believe this~asking him for a kiss. Other women had, but I am soooo shy that I never expected to have the nerve. Yes! I kissed a Time Lord (sort of) before every other female in the series started doing it decades later. I saw him again about 25 years later at another convention and still found him an attractive man. Seeing him on the series was wonderful.

Ricardo Montalban? RRRRRROWWW! He's been gorgeous throughout his life! When he dances in the older films, he's simply amazing. I actually think he became better and better looking with age. This isn't the clip I was looking for, but it might do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imxqup1_G9Q

BTW: Gavin's a cutie, but did you know that, way back, he played dastardly villains?! He was very effective, too! I had to remind myself about the role Howard Caine played. Now, that's an unusual crush! Still, he's one that you want to chuck his chin~like S.Z. "Cuddles" Sakall. Adorable! Cuddly! I get it!

Old 03-11-2014, 09:03 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
lol yes. My first celebrity crush was Prince (and the Revolution). Then it was Charles Barkly and finally Nicolas Cage. I thought all three were adorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities