Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 11:56 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post

But...'what does it profit a Man (Woman) if they gain the whole world, yet forfiets their Soul ?' .
Nobody is forcing you to purchase these products. Stop trying to censor everyone else's tastes to suit your restrictive religious views.

I may not like the artist in question, but that just means I don't give him my money. Simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post
Nicole Ritchie and her boyfriend make the cover of People with their 2 children. They are unmarried. Doesn't seem to matter.
It doesn't matter. What matters is if they are good parents.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:59 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Nobody is forcing you to purchase these products. Stop trying to censor everyone else's tastes to suit your restrictive religious views.

I may not like the artist in question, but that just means I don't give him my money. Simple as that.
I wasnt aware that common decency , morality, and being a good example.... were considered 'restrictive religious views' . Thanks for telling me that and where you stand .

Old 11-09-2009, 12:23 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
007.5, what are you talking about? I don't think he is promoting the lifestyle he grew up in. I'm not a fan of his but I just don't see what you do. If you don't like him, don't buy his music and don't let your children listen to it. Often times parents have no clue as to what their children are doing and or listening to, thus don't separate the talent from the man. At least what he is now doing is legal and he does do a lot of outreach believe it or not.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I wasnt aware that common decency , morality, and being a good example.... were considered 'restrictive religious views' . Thanks for telling me that and where you stand .
You can have whatever views you want, as long as you don't try to push them on others. Got that? As far as morality goes, it's subjective. It always has been. What one person considers moral, ten more may not agree. What matters is that everyone has the right to choose, but they don't have any right to force their particular brand of religion or personal moral opinions on others. Censor your own family if you wish, but don't tell me or anyone else what we're allowed to buy or hear or see.

Like I said, I can't stand his work either, but I'm not going to argue with his right to sell it if there's a market.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:48 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
The bottom line is all that matters. It's as simple as that. At least Madonna has a modicum of talent. 50 Cent and his ilk have none that is recognizable. "Image is everything", and what an image!

Old 11-09-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You can have whatever views you want, as long as you don't try to push them on others. Got that? As far as morality goes, it's subjective. It always has been. What one person considers moral, ten more may not agree. What matters is that everyone has the right to choose, but they don't have any right to force their particular brand of religion or personal moral opinions on others. Censor your own family if you wish, but don't tell me or anyone else what we're allowed to buy or hear or see.

Like I said, I can't stand his work either, but I'm not going to argue with his right to sell it if there's a market.

But , arnt you pushing your subjective liberal views of Tolerance and moral-Apathy on me when you shouldnt be according to your own philosophy ? If morality 'is subjective' , you have no right to be upset when someone treats you dishonestly because it may be their opinion that it is perfectly admissable to do --- yet youre reaction demonstrates that it is absolutely wrong all the time when you get slighted ; isnt that a tad ironic of you ?! . You dont mind if such a perpetrator has 'his right to choose' do you ?

I dont think you have the right to force your particular brand of religious belief or personal opinions on others either ; censor your own family if you wish, but dont tell me or anyone else what we're allowed to declare and what we cant, nor what we shouldnt buy.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
007.5, what are you talking about? I don't think he is promoting the lifestyle he grew up in. I'm not a fan of his but I just don't see what you do. If you don't like him, don't buy his music and don't let your children listen to it. Often times parents have no clue as to what their children are doing and or listening to, thus don't separate the talent from the man. At least what he is now doing is legal and he does do a lot of outreach believe it or not.
Why is it that you dont see the vile, filthy , degrading lyrics about women for example ...as no big deal in the way it influences his male audience ? Does his financial success from promoting such things somehow make it acceptable and right ? Youre a female .... how come youre not outraged with a widespread message that women are nothing but whores, tramps, and B's worthy of only being exploited and used ? Do you see that as 'talent' from such an Entertainer even though its legal ? Does it concern you that 1 in every 4 females sometime in thier life, will be sexually assaulted due in part to such messages from pop-Entertainers ? Have you looked at it from this angle before ?

Old 11-09-2009, 04:43 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
007.5, again I am not a fan of 50 so I can't recite anything he says on his album. No woman will be sexually assaulted because of lyrics, since I am a woman I understand that there are no excuses for assault, they just don't make sense (the lyrics made me do xyz just don't fly). If people and mainly black men can make money in a legal way instead of selling drugs on the street or committing some acts of violence then I'd prefer the rap.

You have to understand the music/entertainment industry and be upset with them. They are the ones promoting the image and writing his music because they know that it sells and makes them big buck$.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:01 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Rapper 50 cents was debuted on NightLine last night...and it was amazing to see how such people who promote immorality (especially sexual) and hatred toward Authority of every kind thru their lyrics , can be so incredibly financially successful. Its estimated this Guys fortune is around $160,000,000 . Heres a Guy who got into a Gang at age 12 selling Cocaine after being groomed by his cocaine selling Mother . Then he works his way up to being a top Rapper and Movie star (9 total) with a huge audience and women throwing themselves at his feet.

Madonna though, tops all of the bad examples with an estimate amassed fortune of $600,000,000 .

Isnt it ironic how these promoters of vile filth , immorality, and degradation can be so 'successful' ?

But...'what does it profit a Man (Woman) if they gain the whole world, yet forfiets their Soul ?' .
Blame the people who buy their music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities