Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2011, 10:00 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,983,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Lorre

I exercise regularly. I eat moderate amounts of healthy food. I make sure to get plenty of rest. I see my doctor once a year and my dentist twice a year. I floss every night. I've had chest x–rays, cardio stress tests, EKG's and colonoscopies. I see a psychologist and have a variety of hobbies to reduce stress. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't have crazy, reckless sex with strangers.

If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really pissed.
How can you be pissed after you're dead?

Don't think Chuck Lorre gave enough thought to that line?

I saw Charlie Sheen on Today this morning, and he is definitely acting strange. I think he'd be better off not doing any interviews at this time.

I'm still a huge fan of Two And A Half Men, and the show would never be the same without Charlie Sheen.

Charlie almost seems like he is playing himself (lifestyle-wise) in the show, and it's the Charlie character which makes the show funny.

Jon Cryer isn't anywhere near as funny as Charlie, and he could be replaced.

The other characters are funny too, but to me, without Charlie ... there is no show.

I'd say pay him the 3 million per episode, if that's what he demands to keep the show going.

I'd hate to see that show end.

Last edited by RD5050; 02-28-2011 at 10:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 10:03 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,342,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
The amazing thing I don't get is how in the world did he pass a drug test? In one of the morning shows he was on they said that if he was taking cocaine and or any other harmful drug it would have remained in his system (blood) for more than 12 weeks (and he gave urine and blood which cam out normal). So he's not on drugs, he is just crazy!
yes, apparently what we're seeing now is a sober Charlie Sheen, if this is true. if the drugs kept his bipolar in check, is it any wonder its coming out now that he's off of them?

given how manic he is off drugs, it will be quite scary to see him in a depressive mood (hopefully he doesn't own any guns)

Old 02-28-2011, 10:31 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,066,335 times
eevee, you are so right. Hopefully, he doesn't have any guns in the house. His behavior is way off. It is painful to watch. The media is taking advantage of his position right now. Again, not sure why in his ex-wives mind that it is ok to allow their children around him at this time.

Today officially is the last of his show, at least with him in it. He'll do movies and some nut may put him in a show of his own at a later date. But 2& a Half Men is over.

He has a case with the studios so they may have to pay him off to settle things.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:57 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,236,682 times
All this hating on Charlie Sheen is making me sick. Thank God Alex Jones came on "The View" today and defended him. The video is included in the link I posted below. Go Alex!

All Hell Breaks Loose on The View After 9/11 Truther Cuts Loose - The View - Fox Nation

Old 02-28-2011, 10:58 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,437,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

How can you be pissed after you're dead?

Don't think Chuck Lorre gave enough thought to that line?
It's kind of like when my step-brother died a few years ago, I told my husband, "You'd better not die on me. If you die on me, I'll kill you!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post

He has a case with the studios so they may have to pay him off to settle things.
He has no case against the studio, the producers or anyone else. I assure you there are out clauses based on behavior or fitness or any number of other factors that either allow them to break their contract or that put him in breach of it. He's screwed. If Warner Brothers wasn't paying the entire crew for the remainder of their contracts, they might have even had cases against Sheen. It's over for him. Over.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:32 AM

499 posts, read 405,116 times
double post

Old 03-01-2011, 01:36 AM

499 posts, read 405,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
He's acting like he's some kind of a God now, but if he (survives and) ever gets straight and looks back at the way his behavior is right now, I'll bet he'll want to crawl in a hole and NEVER come out.
One of the things that makes me think this is a textbook manic episode. Delusions of grandeur and invincibility etc - fits to a t.

I'm convinced as you can probably tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
yes, apparently what we're seeing now is a sober Charlie Sheen, if this is true. if the drugs kept his bipolar in check, is it any wonder its coming out now that he's off of them?

given how manic he is off drugs, it will be quite scary to see him in a depressive mood (hopefully he doesn't own any guns)
Totally possible imo. Many sufferers self-medicate; the alcohol takes the edge off the highs and coke and other stimulants boost one during a low.

It's sad.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:25 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,203 times
Watching Charlie Sheen is like watching a train wreck.... It is awfully painful but I can not stop looking.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:12 AM

501 posts, read 1,474,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
This is all so interesting to us (myself included) because it is such bizarre behavior.....whether from drugs, alcohol, bi-polar ilness etc. Today I read his parents are so deeply concerned they are speaking with attorneys about how to take control of his life legally. If this were our son, brother, father, how painful it would be to watch...

I feel the media, knowing full well how bizarre/sick he is right now, is taking advantage of him for tv RATINGS.....

makes a good story=money.

I agree the media is having a feeding frenzy and are racing to interview Sheen and his bizarre rantings to boost their ratings. They're like vultures hovering around a dead carcass.

I saw the Piers Morgan interview last night. Charlie Sheen looked like a few ex-junkies I knew back in the 70's with the sunken eyes, gaunt face, loss of teeth and overall unhealthy look. The difference is none of them ever exhibited his type of grandious, narcissistic over the top rantings. They could however become very aggitated (and Charlie appeared aggitated last night) if they were strung out.

Charlie Sheen might very well be bi-polar but IMHO he has many other deep seated problems that can only be addressed with intensive therapy but Sheen would have to want to face those problems and be totally committed to straightening himself out and from knowing his past and watching the interview he is not about to do that at the moment. I think he is a ticking time bomb and I wouldn't let any children near him. What a role model. When Piers asked him if he was concerned about what his kids would think and how his behavior is effecting them Charlie said yeah he felt bad but what could he do about it? It's the terrible world that would hurt those kids, not him. He's playing the victim and he is a victim - of his own addictions and psychological psychoses. On top of that he does not come off as being particularly empathetic or intelligent. Right now he is a walking disaster waiting to happen. His parents are doing the right thing by trying to get legal control over him. Charlie is in "meltdown" mode.

His career is over. Who's going to hire him and what insurance company would cover him? The director of Sheen's next film is already saying he won't use him if Charlie continues this madness.

It's tragic for his family and children.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:25 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,066,335 times
Jill61, I say that Charlie has a case against the studios because he was able to show up to work and was not illegally medicated at the time of taping. They have no proof of what was written about him in the press. They have a better case if he showed up to work intoxicated and or in some way couldn't do his job. When all that stuff broke out about his wife they should have let him go then but didn't, they can't now say that they couldn't work with him because he jeopordized the show. It is still highly rated in re-runs too. If the audience declined as a result of his personal life then the studios have a case. They are still making money off of him and his personal life.

Sure the studios can fight back and then fire him but they haven't fired him yet. When you terminate someone like Charlie who has a contract and time on the contract they have to pay up. The studios I'm sure have a case against him no doubt. But after a while you don't want to fight you just want the problem to go away so one can focus on other projects. The studios will make money with or without Charlie (something right now he doesn't see), trust me they are figuring out a way right now to settle this thing and move on. 2 & 1/2 Men is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities