Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 08:58 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,470 times

Advertisements

I was just waiting for this thread. Here is my issue with this. I am not stating what Erykah did was right or wrong. My issue is this happen St Patty's day weekend....several weeks ago. Several 100 people "claim" to have seen it. Most commented on the "media" reports that they assumed it was some type of art thing and it was about 30-45 second long. Kind of weird, but whatever.

So NOW that the "media" got a hold of this and it's in the "NEWS" we have a mother and daughter severely damaged by the this as she was clearly on the video. So the mother is taking legal action.

Ok

#1. to my knowledge everyone seen the camera, and the naked lady yet I have yet to hear reports of calls to 911.

so if you and your daughter were soooo affected by this why on earth didn't you call the police that day.....oh wait it's because you though it was some type of art thing no big deal, kind of weird, seen the camera...but went along with your day. Only weeks later for find out it was a "MAJOR" recording artist that has tons of $$.

Again, I am not saying what she did was right walking down the street stripping. BUT if I was there and was severly affected by this I would have called the cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 03:06 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
I was just waiting for this thread. Here is my issue with this. I am not stating what Erykah did was right or wrong. My issue is this happen St Patty's day weekend....several weeks ago. Several 100 people "claim" to have seen it. Most commented on the "media" reports that they assumed it was some type of art thing and it was about 30-45 second long. Kind of weird, but whatever.

So NOW that the "media" got a hold of this and it's in the "NEWS" we have a mother and daughter severely damaged by the this as she was clearly on the video. So the mother is taking legal action.

Ok

#1. to my knowledge everyone seen the camera, and the naked lady yet I have yet to hear reports of calls to 911.

so if you and your daughter were soooo affected by this why on earth didn't you call the police that day.....oh wait it's because you though it was some type of art thing no big deal, kind of weird, seen the camera...but went along with your day. Only weeks later for find out it was a "MAJOR" recording artist that has tons of $$.

Again, I am not saying what she did was right walking down the street stripping. BUT if I was there and was severly affected by this I would have called the cops.

So....because there was no 911 call , this is not a big deal?? Does that make this any less offensive?

Plus you are not gonna get a 911 call to respond unless it's an accident or violence.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:16 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
So....because there was no 911 call , this is not a big deal?? Does that make this any less offensive?

Plus you are not gonna get a 911 call to respond unless it's an accident or violence.

Did you not read my post, I am NOT stating that it was or was NOT offensive. MY problem IF I was offended or my YOUNG children were there and it bothered me I would have reported it. Called 911, not expecting the police to show up and all but to have reported it. Went to the police station, got the lic plate of the white VAN. Did something.

MY goodness people, READ.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:04 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times
Quote:

Ok

Meh, she's looking for a payday. Typical.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:00 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,139,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I think she's gorgeous.

Yeah, ok she didn't look that great in the video, but not everybody looks flawless with no makeup on in broad daylight. And for having three kids and being over 35 she looks damn good imo.

Now, I don't agree with what she did, but I've always thought she was very pretty.
Come on!!!

We need better pictures than this in order to believe the story. I think it's a lie.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:27 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,289,660 times
I have always loved Erykah Badu as an artist, her music, her talent - its really pretty incredible particularly when compared to what is being considered music nowdays. Shes always been "out there" and just flat out weird IMO (she was trying to "telepathically" communicate to children) but that doesnt take away from her talent. She isnt washed up and certainly not a "hip hopper" (whatever that is) I actually like the video, BUT I dont think it was cool of her to just get naked in front of a bunch of people who didnt have any fair warning as to what was taking place. While I personally, as a mother of two dont really see nudity as a big deal, there are parents who do and I think that should be respected, regardless of whether its in the name of art or not.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:30 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,289,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Come on!!!

We need better pictures than this in order to believe the story. I think it's a lie.
BTW she is gorgeous .... beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that jazz.... Google is your friend erykah badu - Google Search

Old 04-01-2010, 06:22 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,139,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
BTW she is gorgeous .... beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that jazz.... Google is your friend erykah badu - Google Search
I can't argue with your logic on that, Meow!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Did you not read my post, I am NOT stating that it was or was NOT offensive. MY problem IF I was offended or my YOUNG children were there and it bothered me I would have reported it. Called 911, not expecting the police to show up and all but to have reported it. Went to the police station, got the lic plate of the white VAN. Did something.

MY goodness people, READ.

You can't call 911 for something unless it's safety or life threatening!!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
I have always loved Erykah Badu as an artist, her music, her talent - its really pretty incredible particularly when compared to what is being considered music nowdays. Shes always been "out there" and just flat out weird IMO (she was trying to "telepathically" communicate to children) but that doesnt take away from her talent. She isnt washed up and certainly not a "hip hopper" (whatever that is) I actually like the video, BUT I dont think it was cool of her to just get naked in front of a bunch of people who didnt have any fair warning as to what was taking place. While I personally, as a mother of two dont really see nudity as a big deal, there are parents who do and I think that should be respected, regardless of whether its in the name of art or not.

White folk typically don't know who black artists are unless they are pop singers like Beyonce or Riahnna.

She's far from untalented. And every black artist is not a hip hop artist.

She's neo-nutz....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities