Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 06:30 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,009,990 times

Advertisements

I had to turn my Droid X in back in June because the camera broke. They sent me out a refurbished Droid X. I am due to receive my 6th Droid X since June. Every single one has had something major wrong with it. Something IMO should have been caught easily in there inspection. I am OVER IT. I have only been able to use my phone about 50% of the time in 7 weeks time. I'm mad! Why am I paying for a phone/service I can't use? I'm frustrated too. Beginning to wonder if the people that work at Verizon here are just j*e*r*k*s???? My friend in another state has been given two brand new phones when her iPhone quit on her by her Verizon store. It seems like no matter how nice I am about it with them online OR in store they will only send me a used not working phone. No matter how nasty I have gotten same result. I am not entitled to another phone until October of 2012!!!! They acted like they were doing me a huge favor by throwing in a battery this time around. I'm not even asking for a different phone. I was initially very happy with my Droid X. I would take another new one. I am just done inheriting the exhisting problems of someone elses turned in phone. Does anyone know how to beat their system??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 07:55 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
I had to get a new Droid X2 after a few weeks, it's just that all of them are made in China now and you have to expect problems. Their agreement that you read when you bought it says replacement with new for 30 days, after that remanufactured.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:43 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,923,566 times
You might want to look into your state's warranty laws. They may provide protection from being given lemon after lemon after lemon.

You should also contact your state's attorney general. It may seem a little severe, but they handle small, one-person claims like yours on a daily basis. Just keep your complaint professional, factual, and to the point.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:01 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,009,990 times
Well as severe as the attorney general sounds it may be a route I have to take. I was supposed to receive my phone via overnight express Monday. They were throwing in a new battery because the tech seemed to think the last phones issue may be battery related. Phone did not show up until just now. Pulled it out of the box......no new battery. Screen has a crack? scratch? on it. No use even trying to use it. This is completely unacceptable! I am going to go to the store tonight with the refurbished phone in box. I mean really? Late arrival, no promised battery and a phone that obviously never went through any refurbishment or checks.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,923,566 times
It's my experience that once the attorney general gets involved, they will send a letter to the company with a copy of your complaint and a request for the company's side of the story. 9 times out of 10, the company will respond with something like "We have already done all that we can for this customer. However, in the interest of demonstrating our outstanding commitment to customer service blah blah blah, we will offer the customer an in-store replacement with a brand-new identical handset".

Your results may not be exactly that, but the general gist is that it's more cost effective for them to just give you a phone / waive your ETF / credit your account / etc than deal with the AG.

When you make you complaint, be sure to mention all the exchanges you've done to date. Something like "On June 1st 2011, I purchased my Droid X. On 6/5/11, Verizon replaced the phone due to ___. On 6/19/11, they again replaced the phone due to ___. On 6/25/11, they again replaced the phone due to ___." I always like the "I have exhausted every reasonable measure to resolve this problem, but have repeatedly received defective and/or damaged equipment".

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones