Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 10:18 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,199,236 times

Advertisements

Had a Blackberry for years and loved it. Carrier Verizon and was overdue for an upgrade. Kept waiting for the new Blackberry which never came (I know end of Jan). Got an IPhone 5 and do not like this phone. I have had it 2 weeks. When I bought it from Best Buy, I was told Verizon only gives you 1 week to return. I should have but felt I didn't have it long enough.

Two weeks I am sure I would rather have my old Blackberry back until the new phone is released. I plan to call Verizon to see if I have any recourse to return the IPhone, but I highly doubt it. It cost me $200.00 and the loss of my unlimited data plan. There are so many things I dislike about the phone, too many to list.

If I can't return it to Verizon, what are the odds I could sell it for close to what I paid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 08:45 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,812,108 times
Verizon gives you 14 days to return.
Call them to make sure.
Your never gonna get close to what you paid for it.
It's like a car---the second u drive it off the lot it's now a used car.
You'll be lucky to get half of what u paid because there are TON of newly used ones all over Craigslist.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:06 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,838,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macyny View Post
Had a Blackberry for years and loved it. Carrier Verizon and was overdue for an upgrade. Kept waiting for the new Blackberry which never came (I know end of Jan). Got an IPhone 5 and do not like this phone. I have had it 2 weeks. When I bought it from Best Buy, I was told Verizon only gives you 1 week to return. I should have but felt I didn't have it long enough.

Two weeks I am sure I would rather have my old Blackberry back until the new phone is released. I plan to call Verizon to see if I have any recourse to return the IPhone, but I highly doubt it. It cost me $200.00 and the loss of my unlimited data plan. There are so many things I dislike about the phone, too many to list.

If I can't return it to Verizon, what are the odds I could sell it for close to what I paid?
Maybe you just aren't an Apple person, I'm not either. Have you tried an Android phone? I would recommend playing around with a Galaxy S3 and see if you like it or if you like a big screen, try a Note 2. Blackberry is just about history so you may want to look at other options anyway.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:11 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
The Verizon iPhone 5 goes for $500+ on eBay.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:02 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,663,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macyny View Post
As pointed out the iPhone is worth far more than you paid, but you'd have to buy the Blackberry at full price. You'll have to compare the full price BB to what you'd get for the iPhone as a resale and see which side of the equation makes more financial sense.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:44 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,811,924 times
the older blackberrys are alot better than the new ones!! i had a bb tourch 9810 pice of junk i would make calls and half of the screen would go black and the phone would drop the call. i also downloaded apps to the phone all it did was freeze up my phone to the point of doing hard resets all the time, when i used the camera on it to take pics they were all fuzzy and not clear like they should have been!!! iv'e been hear rumours that crackberry is gonna be going under as there not in good shape right now. i have noticed one thing about my iphone vs the crackberry the call quality on my iphone is much better than it ever was on my crackberry. though i am to interested in the s3

Old 12-31-2012, 09:44 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,653,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The Verizon iPhone 5 goes for $500+ on eBay.
Yep. Just checked the completed listings - you didn't specify the storage amount on your phone, but even the 16gb are going for $600 +.

If you do sell it on eBay, make sure to follow their guidelines to a T. I got scammed this summer selling my 4S, and it was only because I documented *everything* that I got my money back from PayPal, and that was only after practically begging. I've sold quite a bit on eBay, so things usually go OK, but for some reason cellphone sales draw scammers.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:29 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
IMO, you should return the phone if possible so you can buy the one you want at discount.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:53 AM

18,074 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Did you keep your old Blackberry phone? If yes, then you're good to go if you were able to return the iPhone 5 within the return period and you shouldn't be out any additional $$. It's always good to keep one's old phone anyway, just in case something happens to the newer one and you need something before you are able to upgrade with the carrier.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:19 PM

6,476 posts, read 10,343,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
IMO, you should return the phone if possible so you can buy the one you want at discount.
Don't forget, if you bought it at Best Buy, it has to be returned there. Verizon corporate will not take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones