Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 10:15 AM

861 posts, read 1,336,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
Totally forgot about that one. It is a great deal if you can get your hands on one, which is a bit of a challenge.
Weird that they require an invite but I can get one off ebay for $1.

To clarify I am looking for off contract because Im not eligible for an upgrade yet. Wish I were then I would get iPhone 6+.

Been looking at Galaxy S5, Note 4, LG G3 and others mentioned here and theyre all like $300-500 used which is crazy. Oneplus One 64GB for $350 new seems like the top choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 02:50 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
OP do you want to stick with Apple or do you want anything? I have a Samsung S3 for AT&T goes for under $200 as does the iPhone 5 and 5C on Swappa.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:30 AM

861 posts, read 1,336,413 times
Just found this crazy phone: Blu Studio 7" for $150 new. I think I'm in love!!!!!

Debating between this and Samsung Galaxy S4 for $150 used.

Which one should I get??????

Old 01-16-2015, 07:53 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
Many people with crap on the Blu phones but they get good reviews if you check on Amazon. If I only wanted to spend $150 for a phone (no contract) I'd buy the Blu over a used S4.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:13 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Here comes the crap...

You're in LOVE?? What are you in love with?? The price, I am assuming because that thing has lousy specs and I'm sure you don't have it yet.
1.3 GHZ Dual Core processor. Meh
8 GB of storage. Double meh.
1 GB of RAM... OK... better then I expected.
ANDROID 4.4: OK...surprised by that...
SD Card slot: very nice.
-BUT-
The display, though. UGH. Awful. I'm betting viewing angles are going to be terrible. Bright light readability non existent.
1024 x 600 on a 7 INCH SCREEN? 169ppi? Didn't think ppi could GET that low.
If it gets you through to the end of your contract, then that's cool, I suppose.

Still... it IS a low end device. Just do me a favor... don't come back in 6 months and tell me how much Android sucks and you are going back to iPhone. People buy lower end phones and think Android sucks because of it and go running back to an expensive iPhone. You get what you pay for...

Old 01-16-2015, 08:22 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,341,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Still... it IS a low end device. Just do me a favor... don't come back in 6 months and tell me how much Android sucks and you are going back to iPhone. People buy lower end phones and think Android sucks because of it and go running back to an expensive iPhone. You get what you pay for...
You say "expensive" iPhone but in many cases the difference is a matter of $50. I've had top of the line Androids and while the experience was significantly better than some of the junk Androids I've had in the past, It didn't keep me from going back to iPhone personally.

I used to think Android sucks, now I think it's just meh. I also think iPhone has lost it's shine since the iPhone 5. Maybe in a couple of years Windows will have matured enough for me to consider it :-)

Old 01-16-2015, 08:37 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
You say "expensive" iPhone but in many cases the difference is a matter of $50. I've had top of the line Androids and while the experience was significantly better than some of the junk Androids I've had in the past, It didn't keep me from going back to iPhone personally.
Come on Wolf. You know what I am talking about.

In this example right here?
The Blu Studio off contract is $150 while the cheapest iPhone is $650.

Generally speaking, I'm not talking about the Droid Turbo versus the cheapest iPhone. I'm talking about phones like the Samsung Exhibit. Which was FREE on contract. Someone gets that because they don't have the $200 (or are just too damn tight) and it sucks. Runs like crap. Has no space on it. So next time they spend $200 on contract for the latest iPhone and then post on the web: Man, Android sucks. iPhone is SO much better.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Come on Wolf. You know what I am talking about.

In this example right here?
The Blu Studio off contract is $150 while the cheapest iPhone is $650.

Generally speaking, I'm not talking about the Droid Turbo versus the cheapest iPhone. I'm talking about phones like the Samsung Exhibit. Which was FREE on contract. Someone gets that because they don't have the $200 (or are just too damn tight) and it sucks. Runs like crap. Has no space on it. So next time they spend $200 on contract for the latest iPhone and then post on the web: Man, Android sucks. iPhone is SO much better.
Okay I'll give you that, that's not a fair comparison to Android.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:43 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,256,790 times
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. An S5 or a note would be great!

Old 01-16-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. An S5 or a note would be great!
Oh brother, the note was way too large for my taste. I don't understand how you people carry around those big things lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones