Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 06:57 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,101,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripBro View Post
Bo, who are you getting 6GB/unlimited/unlimited each month for $36 with? Sounds great.
H2O Wireless
http://h2owirelessnow.com

I have the $40 plan, which is $36 with AutoPay. My card gets charged $36/month... no taxes and no fees. H2O uses AT&T's network.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 10:35 AM

56 posts, read 37,674 times
i left big red and went to t-mobile wich has truly unlimited data

Old 07-06-2017, 10:47 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,801,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_slayer View Post
i left big red and went to t-mobile wich has truly unlimited data
T-mobile is great but it's not truly unlimited.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:47 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,574,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I would say they've actually gotten considerably better recently, because the carriers have to compete with each other. The days of locked down phones and long contracts are pretty much gone. I've had AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile in the last year. If someone comes along with a better deal, I'll switch again. Switching is literally like a fifteen minute trip to the closest store to get a new SIM.
I'm glad to hear that at least someone out there is satisfy. However, I heard so many bad experience from friends and colleague, I simply don't want to take my chance. I seen some people getting a big bill, and yes they can change to another carrier when they are not satisfy, but the bill still has to be paid, or it will ruin your credit. If that happens to me, I wouldn't let a cell phone bill ruin my credit. Instead, I will suck it up and pay my bill and move on.

You are probably one of those people that who did your homework and research before you make the switch, and that's a good thing. In general people simply stop by a store and believe in what those sales reps tell them, and that's where things get messy. You have one rep tell you one story, another rep tell you another story, and by the time you want to cancel the service, another version of story. So, it makes the customer totally confuse and outrageous.

Therefore, if one did the homework and research instead of listen to the sales rep, then yes, you can easily switch between the four carriers. For those that are not doing their part and simply rely on others for information, that's when the trouble come.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:17 PM

56 posts, read 37,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
T-mobile is great but it's not truly unlimited.
really i use between 60- 100 gigs a month no throttling down here

Old 07-20-2018, 06:42 PM

8,338 posts, read 6,423,253 times
It's a year later now. I'm very new to cell phones and it seems there are a lot of companies now. I have Cricket and so far am very happy.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:12 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,448,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripBro View Post
When I brought up my concern with the verizon rep that after our 4g usage was up we would be restricted to 2g speeds, the Verizon rep tells me, oh no, its 3g speeds. I asked this question in 2 different ways, to be sure, and I was told both times that after our 4g speeds were up, we would be reduced to 3g speeds.

What a great deal, I thought, as at the time, all I had were 3g speeds, and they were sufficient for me.

Well, now I see that we're really reduced to 2g speeds, which means the smart aspect of phone is useless unless connected to wifi. My fault. I should have read the terms and conditions, and not taken the person's word for it. I should have known that the guy would lie to me twice to make the sale. I had faith that the guy was telling the truth, and now I pay for it.

But you know, At&t was the same way with me when I used them.

I'll assume the other 2 are probably as bad. In the future, I will shop solely on monthly price. I used a sprint subsidiary before verizon, and verizon's coverage is the same in my area. The coverage map I was shown said full coverage where I work. Guess what, I get 2 bars on a good day, so can't watch a Youtube video on lunch. Can't trust anything or anyone. Smartphones are nice and handy, but sometimes I wonder if its worth it. Just feeling pretty bummed and wanted to vent.
Yeah that's a tomayto, tomahto type of situation.

2G does not exist for some carriers. I believe that T-Mobile will be the last carrier to get rid of it, in 2019.

If your sales rep is a younger person that never had to deal with 2G, he may be looking at that literally. When we say 2G speeds, we just mean that the speeds are reduced to what used to be a high speed when 2G was the thing.

There are places I cannot get AT&T. There are counties that do not have Verizon. So if Sprint and T-Mobile works for you, why pay extra.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:24 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,237,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Yeah that's a tomayto, tomahto type of situation.

2G does not exist for some carriers. I believe that T-Mobile will be the last carrier to get rid of it, in 2019.

If your sales rep is a younger person that never had to deal with 2G, he may be looking at that literally. When we say 2G speeds, we just mean that the speeds are reduced to what used to be a high speed when 2G was the thing.

There are places I cannot get AT&T. There are counties that do not have Verizon. So if Sprint and T-Mobile works for you, why pay extra.
For T-Mobile 2G (as in the speed) means 128 kbps or 256 kbps with their plus package (which I got for free along with HD video streaming). When overseas those are the data speeds provided for free, even though you are likely roaming on 3G networks.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:28 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,237,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_slayer View Post
really i use between 60- 100 gigs a month no throttling down here
Apparently they only throttle during peak usage periods when there is network congestion. And they don’t throttle until 50GB, and don’t count music streaming or most streaming video in that amount.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:04 PM

1,011 posts, read 785,720 times
I have Straight talk and i have unlimited everything for $55 a month and i have service everywhere even in the woods. I had Tmobile the service wasn't that great and i was tired of paying over $130 a month for service. I prefer Tmobile voice mail and how they handled spam calls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones