Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2021, 09:03 AM

61,753 posts, read 87,217,162 times

Advertisements

Apple announces first states that will let you keep a digital version of your driver's license on your iPhone.
Eight states, including Arizona, Connecticut, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Oklahoma and Utah will be among the first states to offer the feature.
A good and convenient feature?
Maybe.
You should read this, though:
https://thenextweb.com/news/dangerou...r-apple-wallet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 12:47 PM

11,511 posts, read 6,027,599 times
Just another thing to hack. So now along with having to change my compromised passwords every 3 months, I will have to change my drivers license every 3 months.

Having everything connected is killing us. It used to be that criminals had to have physical contact with victims in order to steal things from you. Now, a hacker sitting in Moscow can steal from 100 million people with a single finger. We are going downhill fast.

Life is backward. It should be harder for criminals, but it is actually getting easier and easier for them as everything is stored in a "cloud" for their easy access.

A pox on technology. They cater to everybody but us. We are just cattle and sheep to them.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:24 AM

15,423 posts, read 9,096,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Apple announces first states that will let you keep a digital version of your driver's license on your iPhone.
Eight states, including Arizona, Connecticut, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Oklahoma and Utah will be among the first states to offer the feature.
A good and convenient feature?
Maybe.
You should read this, though:
https://thenextweb.com/news/dangerou...r-apple-wallet
I think it's a dumb idea. I don't even understand why people keep their insurance information on their phones. I watch a lot of police body cam videos for different incidents. It's painful to watch people trying to find their insurance card on their phone when the cop asks for it.

Meanwhile I recently got pulled over. By the time the cop got to my car, I handed him my insurance wallet with my license, registration, and insurance in it before he even asked for it, and gave him a brief explanation of why I was driving the way I was. He took it back to his car, quickly scanned my license and came back and gave me a verbal warning, and I was on my way in 2 minutes. I believe my organization was at least 50% of the reason I didn't get a ticket. I couldn't have done that with my phone.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:47 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,654 times
It's about time. It'd be nice to have your entire wallet on your phone. I'm sure in the future everything will be on your phone, which will be nice.

My wallet consists of my drivers license, credit card, debit card (haven't used it for years) cash, health insurance card (is that even needed to be carried around?), & 1 gift card (that I always forget is there & forget to use it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones