Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 11:25 AM

17 posts, read 34,301 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to the Summerville, SC area. We are coming from a place in Maryland where it is very diverse and many interracial families present. We have two girls that are 3 years old and 1 years old. We are looking to meet other families around the Summerville, SC that are in a similar situation as my family or families that many not be interracial, but open to our family. We are new to the area and are looking to meet some nice people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 05:53 PM

29 posts, read 85,088 times
Hi, we are moving to Summerville (Cane Bay) in 3 weeks. How soon are you moving? Where abouts in the Summerville are you moving to? We have a 20month old son and 15 year old daughter.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:39 PM

780 posts, read 1,542,528 times
We are friends with a couple who happen to be an interracial couple. They visit frequently (just left a few minutes ago) and we watch their kids for them when they want a night out on their own. They initially had similar concerns of acceptance when they moved here, but now that feel very comfortable.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:25 AM

I am suppose to start work on Monday, June 28, but it may be the week after. My family should be moving down perminently in about two to three weeks. We just looked at a place to live in Summerville (Dorchester) and it is about a quarter of a mile away from the Wal-Mart on North Main Street. We should know if this place is going to be our new home by mid-week.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:30 AM

That is great that you are friends with an interracial couple. We are just looking to meet some nice friends so that we can eventually have an extended family in SC. I am trying my best to reach out and possibly meet people so my wife's transition to SC will be smooth. If she is unhappy, then I am not happy. My two little girls will probably adapt quicker then both of us.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:52 AM

Default Mall

Can anyone provide me with the name of the malls around the Summerville area?

Old 06-24-2010, 09:57 AM

Default Hospitals

Does anyone know the name of the hospitals around the Summerville area?

Out of all of the hospitals, which one do you think is the best?

Old 06-24-2010, 12:28 PM

528 posts, read 1,514,098 times
Hi Hendersons~
Welcome to Summerville! I hope you will find our area fun and a good fit for your growing family. Your children are the age of my grandchildren. So I know that you are very busy.
Your questions...
Mall-Northwoods mall is about a 15-20 min drive, Azalea Square (outdoor mall) is right in Summerville on Main street, close to the Interstate.
Hospital-Trident and Summerville Medical Center are the closest.

Let us know how else we can help.
Sincerely,
Foster

Old 06-25-2010, 05:54 PM

Is Time Warner Cable the only tv, internet, and phone company in Summerville, SC that can be used? Is AT&T, Verizon, or Comcast in the Summerville area?

Old 06-25-2010, 06:28 PM

29 posts, read 85,088 times
From what it looks like it depends where you live. Time Warner, Comast, Knology and HomeTelephone (local Phone,Internet, Cable outfit) all provide service to Summerville. Some areas service overlaps, Cane bay has service provided by Time Warner, Comcast and Home Telephone. AT&T seems to be the local "copper" phone company, as of now there U-Verse (bundled service) is not provided to Summerville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area