Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 06:43 AM

119 posts, read 301,455 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Looks like we're finally moving to Mt Pleasant in a few weeks. We're going to need to find a good daycare for our 2yr old. She's been in a wonderful small daycare here in NY and has learned so much, and has really enjoyed being with other kids so we'd like to continue this for her.
Does anyone have any recommendations on good daycare facilities in Mt Pleasant that have a good blend of academic enrichment and just plain old 2 yr old play time?
We won't have any family in the area to help out, though my husband will be Mr. Mom until we find someplace. (I just happened to find a job first)
Any info is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 02:24 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,431,020 times
There are many good choices in the area. My two year currently stays home with me but I looked into a few daycares a few months ago.
Stepping stones in Park West
Sunshine House In Park West
Starfish Academy on hwy 17
There is a new school don't know the name but it is affliiated with a church on Porchers Bluff. They are building the school and temporarily housing the preschool in Park west behind Sunshine House.
The Childrens Center in Carolina Park is good also but pricey and there is almost always a waiting list.
The Oquinn School is also very good.

Hope this helps! Welcome to Mount Pleasant.

I wouldn't recommend Lighthouse. I heard all the teachers just quit and parents who have their children there are moving to other schools.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:53 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,296,502 times
Starfish is good & Oquinn is a better physical facility. Oquinn has nice grounds/play park which my friends's child loves. Also, the snacks & lunches are fresh made & can be customized for your childs needs.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 AM

119 posts, read 301,455 times
Thanks ladies for the info.
Top of our list right now are O'quinn and Daniel Island Academy.
Does anyone have any info on Daniel Island Academy?

Old 07-26-2010, 02:50 PM

817 posts, read 2,004,031 times
Thanks for the info as well !

We will finally be moving down to Charleston.. more specifically Mt Pleasant... and more specifically Park West in another few months.

October our son turns 2yo and looking forward to entering him into a daycare in the area... for education and play.

Finally after a 2 year stretch of researching Charleston and narrowing it down to MP, visiting there myself last year and this past May, going down with the Mrs and Boy... YESSSSS... we are finally making the move.

Michael

Another Yankee (Brooklyn, NY) moving South to Charleston, with some questions please

Old 09-28-2010, 06:09 PM

10 posts, read 26,089 times
I have checked out Daniel Island Academy. It's lovely, IF you can afford it. I have an almost 2 year old as well and have her in a Mother's Morning Out program (I also live near Park West) at Lighthouse Church (just down Hwy 41 near the Hwy 17 interchange) which I LOVE! The teacher's are the best and they are HALF the cost of Daniel Island Academy. I believe I pay $180 a month for two days a week (half days) at Lighthouse, and I believe Daniel Island was $280 for the same program, PLUS I would have to pay extra for snacks/lunches. YIKES!

Just sayin'....

Old 09-28-2010, 06:26 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,431,020 times
So Many Questions...How many kids are in that program?
A lot of my friends use to have their kids their but they all left because a bunch of teachers left. I heard they were closing but obviously that's not true since your there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area