Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 06:26 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,640,452 times

Advertisements

Let me get this straight.
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke

What in the world could possibly go wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 06:58 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,020,096 times
Yay! Oh, wait a second...

Old 09-20-2010, 09:31 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,682,160 times
Yep you got it straight! I was going to get a cancer plan from Aflac but since the gubment passed this I don't see a reason to since they'll take care of us. *sarcasm*

Old 09-21-2010, 08:22 AM

4,465 posts, read 8,001,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke

Ther are a few good things in the watered-down reform that passed Congress:

For example the insurance companies will not (it's going to be phased in) be able to drop you if you get a debilitating illness on some phony-baloney 'Pre-existing Condition' BS.

Your kids will be able to stay covered on your plan until age 26.

There will be somewhat less rationing of health care than there was when the private sector could do whatever they wanted in order to make more money.

But it's not the socialized medicine we need, nor is it the Public Option we were promised.

Last edited by Geechie North; 09-21-2010 at 08:42 AM..

Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
I know you Republicans are pissed at the Democrats -- but honestly -- as a new American -- both parties are guilty of gross negligence.

Go ahead and say -- oh yeah but they are worser than us....who gives a hoot.

Both parties are more worried about proving the incompetence of the other party then they are in improving our quality of life. It has nothing to do with serving the people -- it's all about protecting image, and their power.

I hate an election where it is about the better of two evils. I now understand why people don't vote.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I know you Republicans are pissed at the Democrats -- but honestly -- as a new American -- both parties are guilty of gross negligence.

Go ahead and say -- oh yeah but they are worser than us....who gives a hoot.

Both parties are more worried about proving the incompetence of the other party then they are in improving our quality of life. It has nothing to do with serving the people -- it's all about protecting image, and their power.

I hate an election where it is about the better of two evils. I now understand why people don't vote.
Bienvenedos a El Estados Unidos De America Del Norte!

Old 09-21-2010, 08:54 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Thank you but you could speak English to me -- I'm originally from Canada. Not all immigrants are of Latin origin you know....

Old 09-21-2010, 09:00 AM

Just the way I say things:

It's Spanish (and to be sure, me gusta cultura Latina- 'I love Latino Culture'- so no put-down was either implied or intended), and says 'Welcome to the United States of North America.'.

Because this is how our politics have been over the past 3 decades.

And, yes, I knew you were Canadian.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:49 AM

435 posts, read 835,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post

The health care bill is not perfect, but so much mis-information. Yes, to avoid moral hazard of not carrying a health insurance and to just leech off government, you will be fined if you don't purchase one. The alternative is to write a legislation to allow government hospital to refuse treatment to anyone whom does not have a health insurance (that will be unethical). Government can run good health cares, I can give you example even in the states (hint: Rush Limbaugh praise it before he found out the health care he received is a state run system). As for how broke we are, first, US is not that broke. Even if we are, we only have Republican and conservatives to blame for because the Presidents they elected into office are spending like a madman. Also, just in case you don't know, Obama actually cut expected budget deficit in 2009 fiscal year by tens of billions with majority of them are carry over from Bush era (did you miss the news or playing dumb?).

As for both parties are guilty of gross negligence, other than not stopping Republicans from spending like a drunk sailor when Democrat doesn't even have a majority for 6 years of Bush terms. What did Democrat do? Of course, inaction is probably as guilty as charged.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:57 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
Not even worth the waste of time to set you straight, just don't feel like the fight, look up what the CBO has put out, the health care system and bailouts have doubled the national debt....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area