Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 01:33 PM

21 posts, read 37,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxiousInOhio View Post
spidey,

Those are great questions and I don't see an answer yet! My hubby will be down at the same time for an interview and we're curious if anyone knows the answers to your questions as well.

Best of luck to you on your interview!

Also, does anyone have info about health insurance coverage for family plan?

Anxious-

We just enrolled in the benefits within the past two weeks. I suggest if it comes to it, for a family plan anyway, to use the BC/BS. The other company is good too but Blue Cross/Blue Shield is the best plan- your basic PPO I believe- no referrals low co-pays, etc. It's $123ish per pay period so comes up to about $250/month (this is for a three person family.) It's free for the employee and cheaper than the $123 for just spouses. But the dental and vision insurances are free to families so you're looking at only paying $250/month for all three medical insurances. Which is not too bad if you ask me!

Good luck to your husband and yourself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 04:10 PM

38 posts, read 66,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedme247 View Post
Anxious-

We just enrolled in the benefits within the past two weeks. I suggest if it comes to it, for a family plan anyway, to use the BC/BS. The other company is good too but Blue Cross/Blue Shield is the best plan- your basic PPO I believe- no referrals low co-pays, etc. It's $123ish per pay period so comes up to about $250/month (this is for a three person family.) It's free for the employee and cheaper than the $123 for just spouses. But the dental and vision insurances are free to families so you're looking at only paying $250/month for all three medical insurances. Which is not too bad if you ask me!

Good luck to your husband and yourself!

greeneyedme,

Thank you!! We pay over $400/mo currently for our family plan so $250/mo sounds very reasonable however, we have 3 kids, plus myself (and hubby is not free on our current plan), so I am assuming we would be paying about the same in the end.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:42 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,670,274 times
Wow...coming to SC to screw the unions is one issue...making employees pay for benefits...management double screwing the employee...Wow

Old 10-04-2011, 07:33 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,651,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Wow...coming to SC to screw the unions is one issue...making employees pay for benefits...management double screwing the employee...Wow
Yep it sucks, if I were you I would stay away.

Sent from my autocorrect butchering device.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:31 AM

259 posts, read 554,255 times
Plucked from a 2008 document found on line:
Currently, Boeing pays an average of $11,200 annually in health care and insurance costs for each IAM-represented employee, while employees pay an average of $1,100 per year. At the end of the 3-year contract offer, it is projected that rising medical costs will increase Boeing’s average cost per IAM-represented employee to $13,200 per year, and increase the average cost for IAM-represented employees to $1,300 per year.

I know IAM is not represented here. But I also know that insurance isn't going down at this writing. I for one have no problem paying a % of the costs for medical/dental/rx coverage (from experience Boeing traditional has had the best overall coverage,They recently changed providers to BC/BS Illinois..so the proof will be in the pudding so to speak..so far personal experience..not lovin it). Better that then to try to find coverage on your own ( I know people who pay their own out of pocket and pay more than $1,300 per month and still have terrible coverage).

It's the something for nothing mentality that has gotten us into the insurance crisis we have now. I could go on but will spare you, I've worked w/ and on insurance the better part of 20 yrs and huge changes are needed across the board.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:54 AM

212 posts, read 415,129 times
I pay ZERO for Boeing insurance! Why? Because I pay per $480 a YEAR for my military Tricare Prime Family Health Insurance. If I had taken the Boeing family coverage it would have been 2.5x that a year. I'll keep what I have at the price I pay. Otherwise I like the rest of Boeing's benefits so far.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:03 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,670,274 times
I would say as you are an employee that is not costing them as much (as in not using their health plan) then they should actually be paying/refunding you some versus others they are paying for.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
I would say as you are an employee that is not costing them as much (as in not using their health plan) then they should actually be paying/refunding you some versus others they are paying for.
What companies do this?

Old 10-06-2011, 03:54 PM

212 posts, read 415,129 times
UPDATE: Finished my FINAL PROJECTS today (Structure & Ground/Bond). It's been a long and interesting 8 weeks. Now 2-weeks of classroom work then off to the plant by the last week of the month.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGator View Post
UPDATE: Finished my FINAL PROJECTS today (Structure & Ground/Bond). It's been a long and interesting 8 weeks. Now 2-weeks of classroom work then off to the plant by the last week of the month.

Congrats... I think I will be losing all my seal and B&G certs soon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area