Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2007, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,501 times

Advertisements

First of all, I might as well state that I'm an outsider/Northern girl. I've noticed on my few trips to the Carolinas that you all are very proud of your Southern heritage and don't really like "Northerners" coming in and not leaving. But if it makes it any better, I've been living in Florida for the past 7 years and have become accustomed to "Southern Life"

Anywho, my boyfriend and I (who's a Charleston native!) are moving to Charleston at the end of the month. Already have a temporary place to live in West Ashley, possibly staying in that area... possibly moving to Folly.

We're both looking for jobs. He has a BA in Psychology and has worked with the State of Florida teaching Medicare for the past 3 years. I also worked for the State of Florida (2 years), no degree (yet... I'm finishing my Massage Therapy certification after we get settled in Charleston), I've been in Administrative Service positions for the past 3 years. So besides the normal Careerbuilder/Monster/Job sites, any ideas where we should start looking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 07:15 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,020,096 times
Have you tried Charleston South Carolina SC - Jobs, Employment yet? How about Charleston.net ? Both should have current pages dedicated to job hunts locally.

Good luck! Let me know if you need anything else!

Last edited by DJShymansky; 07-19-2007 at 07:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: