Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 07:43 PM

870 posts, read 1,679,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
My husband sees water mocs over on DI all the time. I think it's the low land aspect. Once he was working on irrigation over at Blackbaud once and saw a BIG fat water moc, thicker than his arm, crawl up and slither into the vents of the crawlspace of the building. He decided at that point that he was pretty much done for the day there.
OMG. I can't breath. Moving to DI next week. Seriously don't know that I can handle that..Dear God!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 07:45 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,350,786 times
We always name ours, Smokey, Wiggles Harmless... and our dog leaves them alone. They don't seem to have a long life with hawks swooping down to have them for dinner.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:52 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,474,168 times
looks more like a rat snake to me

racers not only move fast but are rarely seen with so many curves in their body like that, and are thinner and darker...

I see them all the time hunting, had a couple race right up next to me one time as I was sitting all camo'd up turkey hunting. They were moving fast n playing like a couple kids until they must have sensed by body hear, they both froze trying to figure me out for several minutes. Then they bolted away twice as fast as they arrived!

the Serpentarium on Edisto has a while section loaded with black racers, pretty neat place...

Old 05-31-2012, 07:58 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,942,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
First a snake ...now a frog. There's a small frog that hangs out on the glass on the door at night. He usually stays there when I open the door to take the dogs out. Tonight 2 of his buddies showed up. My dog ate one and another jumped inside and into my hair and I screamed! Poor neighbors probably thought I was being murdered.
LOL, that had to be funny!

When I sit out on the patio at night, the frogs are so loud and weird sounding I recorded them on my phone. I sent it to my son and he said they're tree frogs. Then the bullfrogs put in some bass and it's nice

We also have Anoles, and when I talk to 'em they puff out a little red membrane....I think they're giving me the finger

Old 05-31-2012, 08:07 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,283,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversides View Post

We also have Anoles, and when I talk to 'em they puff out a little red membrane....I think they're giving me the finger
Ahahahahahah!

Old 05-31-2012, 08:17 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,679,322 times
Quote:

I'm pretty sure they are coming on to you.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
I'm pretty sure they are coming on to you.
Really?!

I'm hearing a tune from Captain and Tenille....I think it was Anole Love...

err maybe it was Muskrat Love...I dunno

Old 05-31-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Really?!

I'm hearing a tune from Captain and Tenille....I think it was Anole Love...

err maybe it was Muskrat Love...I dunno
Well, I had a pair mating right on the window in my coffee nook, and he was flashing his bubble gum neck quite a bit before the deed was done.

Just a "did you know" for the group. Anoles latch on like dogs, and then remain connected for about 20 minutes. It was embarrassing.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
Well, I had a pair mating right on the window in my coffee nook, and he was flashing his bubble gum neck quite a bit before the deed was done.

Just a "did you know" for the group. Anoles latch on like dogs, and then remain connected for about 20 minutes. It was embarrassing.
Cause it was over so quick??

Old 05-31-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Cause it was over so quick??
Awesome,
Great answer!

The poor female was half his size, and he had her by the neck the entire time. When he finally let her go I wanted to offer her a glass of wine or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area