Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:24 AM

4,280 posts, read 12,670,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
That's true, but I wonder how much it would cost to find out?

Anyone that even thinks well I can beat the CC&R's is being foolish and could end up costing them quite a bit of money. Also with that attitude, I doubt they will feel real comfortable living there.

I say if one does not like the rules, move on down the road. Everyones life will be easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 09:48 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,182,465 times
I'm in Crowfield and I have 3 indoor cats, 2 outside dogs (during the day) and an outdoor rabbit. When I read my section of the CCRs I don't recall reading anything about animal limits to 2. Hmmmmm.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Anyone that even thinks well I can beat the CC&R's is being foolish and could end up costing them quite a bit of money. Also with that attitude, I doubt they will feel real comfortable living there.

I say if one does not like the rules, move on down the road. Everyones life will be easier.
That's basically what I was thinking. Even if you're in the right, it's expensive.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:37 PM

98 posts, read 226,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprouts View Post
I'm in Crowfield and I have 3 indoor cats, 2 outside dogs (during the day) and an outdoor rabbit. When I read my section of the CCRs I don't recall reading anything about animal limits to 2. Hmmmmm.
Sprouts... Maybe your subsection of Crowfield has different CCR rules than the ones I was looking at?

Old 06-12-2012, 01:55 PM

I'm going to try to look because you very well could be correct in assuming they have different rules. I know I have them around somewhere. I tried looking online and couldn't find a copy. I'm in Hunters Woods. Should I even bother looking or was there some possibility that you'd find something in HW? I don't mind trying to seek out info for ya.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprouts View Post
I'm going to try to look because you very well could be correct in assuming they have different rules. I know I have them around somewhere. I tried looking online and couldn't find a copy. I'm in Hunters Woods. Should I even bother looking or was there some possibility that you'd find something in HW? I don't mind trying to seek out info for ya.

Thanks for the offer. I've been searching on line and some have number restrictions and others don't. Just the statement that it can't be a commercialized breeding venture. So... it looks like we'll be able to find a place - not all limit the number of dogs/cats.

I like an HOA for some points... not so much on others. I guess when we are able to make the move we'll do a lot of investigating.

Right now, I just need some positive ju-ju to sell my house that is on the market back here.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomziIIa View Post
Thanks for the offer. I've been searching on line and some have number restrictions and others don't. Just the statement that it can't be a commercialized breeding venture. So... it looks like we'll be able to find a place - not all limit the number of dogs/cats.

I like an HOA for some points... not so much on others. I guess when we are able to make the move we'll do a lot of investigating.

Right now, I just need some positive ju-ju to sell my house that is on the market back here.
We rented out our other home and bought another here. We still qualified for an FHA loan because we relocated. It has been a year and we are going to renew our tenants lease. Best of luck to you selling your home, it is never stress free.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:33 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
I agree, doubt you could ever win...they have good attys.

BTW: Charleston city actually has a pet limit of 3...have no idea if it is ever enforced-my atty pointed that out when I was buying...it is on the city website. Of course I had 4 at the time...what was I supposed to do, give one away? (My HOA goes with what the city has...)

But my elderly cat died so now I am "in the clear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post

Old 10-01-2012, 07:39 PM

I'm hoping the realtor I hire will check covenants before she shows us houses. No sense wasting our time.

I am pleased to say our home in WV went into contract last week... so we'll be looking soon. As soon as I can get over my daughter's Wedding on 11/3/2012.

I knew this would be my ironic luck - house on the market for one year and I get a contract a month before her wedding in Charleston, SC.

I'm not complaining - just going to be a little bonkers through a move, sale of a house and a wedding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area