Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 06:30 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,655,095 times

Advertisements

It's time everyone gets a turn to vote for or against 526 don't you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 07:09 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
I thought they did years ago

Old 08-12-2012, 09:59 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
They did and they it was voted to be completed, so I guess we will have another vote it will pass again and we will wait another ten years and vote on it again......

Old 08-13-2012, 04:34 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
That's the vote to complete the go ahead phase of the environmental study, who will submit the results to the public to be voted on again. If it passes a design firm will create three designs to be voted on (along with a no construction option). The selected design will be re-cost evaluated, and a final vote will be taken on whether it should be built or not. ECD: 7/25, pending good weather for the next thirteen years.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:51 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,434,030 times
SCDOT has sent out a survey , and the Charleston County Council wants to complete it for sure , or Charleston will lose 11 million dollars! If they do not get moving soon, I am moving to a more progressive city (Va. Beach). I am sick of waiting for things here! I really like Charleston, but I gotta have some progression where I live. Those loud people that protest everything here and driving me outta Charleston.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:24 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
That's the vote to complete the go ahead phase of the environmental study, who will submit the results to the public to be voted on again. If it passes a design firm will create three designs to be voted on (along with a no construction option). The selected design will be re-cost evaluated, and a final vote will be taken on whether it should be built or not. ECD: 7/25, pending good weather for the next thirteen years.
This has already happened twice.....

Old 08-13-2012, 07:15 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,447,997 times
I lived in the Hampton Roads (Va. Beach) area for almost 10 years, and I can tell you that you won't find things any different there. It takes them eons to get things done there....in that regard, it's not any different from here, I can tell you.

If they do not get moving soon, I am moving to a more progressive city (Va. Beach)

Old 08-13-2012, 11:24 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
SCDOT has sent out a survey , and the Charleston County Council wants to complete it for sure , or Charleston will lose 11 million dollars! If they do not get moving soon, I am moving to a more progressive city (Va. Beach). I am sick of waiting for things here! I really like Charleston, but I gotta have some progression where I live. Those loud people that protest everything here and driving me outta Charleston.
While I understand your frustration and partly why I too left Charleston years ago, I would not be holding Va Beach up as some shining example of progressiveness. Lived in Va Beach about 8 months and hated everyday of it. Traffic is much worse than Charleston and nevermind the tourists crowds and jet noise. But to each their own. 526 will be get completed...someday.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:21 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,434,030 times
Teal Dreamer: My man. That's cool you live in VB for 10 years. I respect that. I was born there, and lived there almost 30 years. I laughed at your post, but when I was in my 20's I really didn't care about what the city did. I did not think like I do now 20 years later...I still think VB is far ahead of Charleston already with infrastructure, a light rail, paved roads, 5 lane interstate, 3 routes to the Oceanfront, underground powerlines, just to name a few. I know I stick up for VB, but have not lived there for 12 years or so....

Zuman,
Thank you for understanding. I am sorry you hated it, but I never had to deal with working across the water there in Tidewater and never had to deal with such bad traffic. I know there is more traffic there, because it is a bigger City. I am telling you man, you were in the wrong area of the City. You can live away from that Jet noise and you can chill away from the Tourist crowds (the beautiful Chesapeake Bay and the North End of Va. Beach or Croatan or Pendleton if you like to surf). I still believe Va. beach is more advanced than Charleston as I just showed with some examples above. I do see you left Zuman for the same reason I might leave someday!

Back to the thread by AIG - 526 will get completed, but will it be soon ?! I get very frustrated and disappointed. I even attended a Charleston County Council meeting a year ago supporting 526 , and I am not a political person. I saw a sign on Folly road yesterday - Charlestonians for the completion of 526! This was encouraging to see!

Old 08-13-2012, 06:26 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,447,997 times
coastalbum: My lady. Sorry, but I disagree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area