Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 05:01 PM

2,625 posts, read 4,008,679 times

Advertisements

Looking for a few good casual restaurants to have lunch/dinner for our short stay this coming weekend in MP.

We are staying at the Old Village Post House so would like dinner close by, but can venture farther afield for lunch.

We'd prefer to avoid chains or dressy places - want to get a feel for the local flavor & it's VAC so don't feel like dressing up or spending hepas of money, but not looking for a Denny's experience either.

Would appreciate suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 05:07 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,279,493 times
Pages okra grill
Shem creek bar and grill
Boulevard diner

Old 10-07-2012, 05:13 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,592,567 times
My recommendation is Mama Bown's on Rte 17, a few miles past the IOP connector on the left. It is a small place, very reasonable, and has very good southern food. You won't be disappointed!

Old 10-07-2012, 06:23 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,666,640 times
Pages, Boulevard Diner, Mustard Seed, Setti, Waters Edge, to name a few in Mount Pleasant. Remember the Post house has a great restaurant run by the Maverick Inn group that also runs SNOB in downtown Charleston.

You must have at least one meal there. A few drinks, wine, after dinner drink. No need to worry about driving. Indulge, stumble to the room, share a shower, then.....a great time in Mount Pleasant.....LOL

Old 10-07-2012, 07:10 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
Page's Okra Grill, Boulevard Diner or Post House....

Carter's Kitchen at I'on for dinner. Chef Robert Carter (Peninsula Grill, former) is the Owner.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:17 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
If you do venture to Sullivans Island there is Poe's for burgers, Home Team BBQ for some good BBQ.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:54 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,008,679 times
Thx so much. Won't Post House and Carters be dressy/expensive?

Would also like to have a drink on the water - would like more quiet than college bar/rowdy. Any suggestions?

Is the water (Shem Creek?) walkable from the Post House?

Old 10-08-2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If you do venture to Sullivans Island there is Poe's for burgers, Home Team BBQ for some good BBQ.
Yes. Yum to both!

Old 10-08-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post

Would also like to have a drink on the water - would like more quiet than college bar/rowdy. Any suggestions?
Shem creek bar and grill

Old 10-08-2012, 06:39 AM

817 posts, read 2,003,632 times
Is it meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............. but I do not get Boulevard Diner ?

I went there initially and it was ok.
Second time I had a burger and only had 1/2 and ate none of the fries as I wanted to take the 1/2 home for my son and the sweet potato fries.
Waitress came to pick up the plate.. I asked please to wrap the 1/2 up... not a problem, gladly I was replied to.
Then I literally saw her go in the back and scrap the burger and fries right into the garbage !
She came out with the check and I said........... ummmmmmmmm the burger, the take home container please ?
She said OOPS, sorry... and that was it.
I just looked at her.
She volunteered to have the cook make fries again and it will be a few minutes and she can wrap it up.
I said I wanted the other 1/2 of the burger. I would have eaten the entire burger but lost out and my son lost out.
She just starred at me.
Then said, I can give you a dessert to take home.
I was the one now starring at her...... did she not get it ?
I had various businesses... easily should have volunteered to make at the least another 1/2 if not whole burger.
But I heard nothing like that uttered from her lips.
I said No Thank You, we will just pay the bill.. no fries and no dessert.

Amazingly I still tipped her............ and I still wonder today why ?

I went again to the Diner and had specifically the Country Friend Steak... my all time favorite.
It arrived and I cut into it and chewed it... and it was all sinewy.. I kept cutting looking for 'some' meat part of it.

I am done with the place.

Maybe it is me... I just do not get the Boulevard Diner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area