Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 05:11 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,116,999 times

Advertisements

Thoughts?

Kinda feel bad for those kids.

The school does the right thing and basically turns themselves in but the only ones suffering are those players.

I guess you have to be Summerville to get such a decision overturned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 AM

313 posts, read 710,207 times
I did laugh out loud when the news guy called it a "tragedy"

Old 11-15-2012, 08:16 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,446,145 times
The thoughts are it is a shame. I was ready to roll out to the Bluffton vs. Goose Creek game Friday eve to watch a showdown! But, as I have known all along Goose Creek has been doing a few sketchy things with kids playing for them that lived all over Charleston!; so this was no suprise. But, it is dissapointing , this game would have been like the old Summerville vs. Stratford games 5 years ago.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:07 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,969,692 times
Sad for the kids on the team who have nothing to do about the decisions being made.

I am truly sorry for all the adults who live and die by what a handful of 17 year olds do on a Friday night.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,662,784 times
I have only heard bits and pieces.

But is it that a special Education kid transfered schools, and when he signed up for varisty sports, they used a "correct" unofficial transcript. Also the kid only played like 15 min all season and it was the last few minutes of "blow out" games that they already more then one, just to allow him to help participate.

Apparently they came forward about the error and this was the punishment?

Old 11-15-2012, 07:20 PM

870 posts, read 1,681,447 times
Isn't that the wrong message? Mistakes do happen and they brought it to the attention of officials immediately..it would have been different had they showed deceit...but they didn't and the kids have to suffer. Sad.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:50 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,116,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
I have only heard bits and pieces.

But is it that a special Education kid transfered schools, and when he signed up for varisty sports, they used a "correct" unofficial transcript. Also the kid only played like 15 min all season and it was the last few minutes of "blow out" games that they already more then one, just to allow him to help participate.

Apparently they came forward about the error and this was the punishment?
I've heard something similar ... that it was a special needs kid who got into the game only a handful of times ...

But I also heard it was not so innocent and not a special needs child.

To be honest, I'd think if it was something as innocent as a special needs child getting to go on the field for a couple of plays they would have said something to affirm that already.

What possible reason could there be for NOT sharing that tid bit?

Old 11-16-2012, 04:59 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,662,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogrsp61 View Post
I've heard something similar ... that it was a special needs kid who got into the game only a handful of times ...

But I also heard it was not so innocent and not a special needs child.

To be honest, I'd think if it was something as innocent as a special needs child getting to go on the field for a couple of plays they would have said something to affirm that already.

What possible reason could there be for NOT sharing that tid bit?
I don't know, I caught a blurb on the news.

I think they had nothing to hide, just an audit on paperwork found an error, and he was still elegible even after the audit, they came forward and now are disqualified?

Now if this student is a high scoring star... I could possibly see. And if the kid still isn't eligible to play, I could see that as well.

Seems a little harsh, I could understand if he wasn't, but even then aparrently he only played a couple of plays ever.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,446,145 times
This is just one thing they were caught for. It was bound to happen after years of having people play from all over Charleston. It is no suprise.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 PM

870 posts, read 1,681,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
This is just one thing they were caught for. It was bound to happen after years of having people play from all over Charleston. It is no suprise.
Wow! You mean they'd bring in players that didn't even attend their school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area