Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 PM

20 posts, read 41,267 times

Advertisements

I have been to greatschools.org but would appreciate some local perspectives on the elementary schools in Mt. Pleasant. We have heard great things about Mt. Pleasant Academy, Belle Hall and Pinckney. What are your thoughts on James B. Edwards, Jennie Moore and Maime Whitesides? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 07:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Any of the elementary schools in Mt. Pleasant will be good schools. I know folks with kids at Whitesides and they can't say enough good things about it. Haven't heard about the others first hand.

With the middle schools -- Moultrie and Cario get the most 'talk' but Laing is an amazing school. It's a quiet little secret right now in Mt. Pleasant.

And the high school -- for a school with almost 4,000 kids, it is a very good school with lots of opportunities for students at all levels.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the schools in Mt. Pleasant. Like any district, there always seems to be one or two of the schools that folks think are the 'go to schools' but the reality -- they are all great.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:39 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Any of the elementary schools in Mt. Pleasant will be good schools. I know folks with kids at Whitesides and they can't say enough good things about it. Haven't heard about the others first hand.

With the middle schools -- Moultrie and Cario get the most 'talk' but Laing is an amazing school. It's a quiet little secret right now in Mt. Pleasant.

And the high school -- for a school with almost 4,000 kids, it is a very good school with lots of opportunities for students at all levels.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the schools in Mt. Pleasant. Like any district, there always seems to be one or two of the schools that folks think are the 'go to schools' but the reality -- they are all great.
I concur. My daughter went to Jennie Moore and I was very happy with her education there. Only downside, I guess, is the building itself is older and was starting to show some wear and tear. However, we had 100% participation in the PTA and they donated both time and funds to help maintain the school, including landscaping, painting, etc.

You really can't go wrong with any of the Mt Pleasant Elementary schools.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:02 PM

20 posts, read 41,267 times
Thank you all. We are closely watching the saga with the redistricting...now the official decision on schools will not be made until some time in June, which is after the time we were hoping to purchase a home The original timeline was better for us, but oh well. Trying to make sure we will be comfortable with any school should we move forward on purchasing before the final decision is made. Also, the prices have gone up quite a bit since this time last year...hard to know if they will keep going up, steady or go down...always a gamble when you buy real estate. Anyone have any local perspective on this?

Old 11-17-2012, 03:52 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
I would suspect house prices will continue to rise as the inventory is eaten up -- but that's my optimistic outlook. As for schools, just know that they may decide next June and change the boundaries again in a couple of years, especially if you are in a growth area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area